GhostDragon505

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
My fps on all of my games has gone down drastically and I'm not sure what's causing it. anyone have any ideas.(please know that i'm poor, so any suggestions that involve money I won't be able to use)

Ninja_DC

Face-Melting F2Per
The performance of my GPU has also gone down recently and fps in all games are generally lower, I've owned the year for about 8months now.

idk. my case is getting dusty and the temps on my overclocked components are getting higher.

Maybe this is the point where my card is properly 'burned in' as I didn't runextensive benchmarks when I got the card.

Sir Gooch P Tigglington

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
explain in step by step detail for the man who doesn't know what to do if you would kindly

Apologies.

Right-click "Computer" (or "My Computer" depending on what version of Windows you are using), and then click Manage.

In the window that appears, go to Device Manager, and then find the section that says "Display Adapters" and expand it.

Right click your video card and click Properties. In the Properties window, click the "Driver" tab. Then, click "Roll Back Driver".

This will set you back to the driver you were using before you updated. It sounds like you got a new driver that had some bugs, this happens very often.

GhostDragon505

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Apologies.

Right-click "Computer" (or "My Computer" depending on what version of Windows you are using), and then click Manage.

In the window that appears, go to Device Manager, and then find the section that says "Display Adapters" and expand it.

Right click your video card and click Properties. In the Properties window, click the "Driver" tab. Then, click "Roll Back Driver".

This will set you back to the driver you were using before you updated. It sounds like you got a new driver that had some bugs, this happens very often.
I did this but now everything looks larger then what it used to be
Edit: It wouldn't start up tf2 at all so i reverted it back

Sir Gooch P Tigglington

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Ok so it sounds like the previous driver was the one that comes with Windows. The best advice I can give you at this point is follow what everyone else said about getting dust out (helps with cooling) and also to check with either nvidia or Radeon for updates.

GhostDragon505

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Ok so it sounds like the previous driver was the one that comes with Windows. The best advice I can give you at this point is follow what everyone else said about getting dust out (helps with cooling) and also to check with either nvidia or Radeon for updates.
can you recommend any sites for updating nvidia or Radeon?