Randy

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
The trails are cool and all but they essentially give everyone wallhacks against you.

Also could anyone explain how we can use trails in quickplay but not hat particles? The trails aren't even in the vanilla game but the saxxy and hat effects are

EDIT:
i've tried them all in game and the following three trails cannot be seen through walls: Stars, Red Plus & Snow

Last edited:

Randy

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Ah I can see how the effects would devalue someone's real hats. Thanks for the reply.

Another question regarding that link: It says no browser popups. My donator privileges just ran out and I noticed there are ads in between every round. Do those ads in between rounds not count as browser popups? I personally don't mind them but I'd hate to see Skial get reported and removed from quickplay

Biggie

Forum Admin
Contributor
Ah I can see how the effects would devalue someone's real hats. Thanks for the reply.

Another question regarding that link: It says no browser popups. My donator privileges just ran out and I noticed there are ads in between every round. Do those ads in between rounds not count as browser popups? I personally don't mind them but I'd hate to see Skial get reported and removed from quickplay

My guess they are ads that help support to keep the servers up, If you aren't a donator. I don't think it would count as a browser popup.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Wow you guys are quick on the replies today. Thanks for the link. Do you happen to know which trails cannot be seen through walls?
Sorry I don't know which ones can and cannot, my donor ran out and I don't have a ton of ap so I cannot check it atm.

Reactions: Randy

Randy

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
My guess they are ads that help support to keep the servers up, If you aren't a donator. I don't think it would count as a browser popup.
Yeah I don't mind them anyway. I'm sure bottiger knows what he is doing and didn't implement something that would result in him being removed from quickplay.

Sorry I don't know which ones can and cannot, my donor ran out and I don't have a ton of ap so I cannot check it atm.
Alright I'll check them out next time I hop on a server

EDIT:
i've tried them all in game and the following three trails cannot be seen through walls: Stars, Red Plus & Snow

All of the trails can be seen through walls, from what I believe.
According to OakyTree (http://www.skial.com/threads/donator-perk-trails-issue.48264/#post-534105) some of them cannot be seen through walls. I can't confirm or deny that but I'll test them all out later and report back

Also please forgive me for resuggesting this. I had never seen anyone use the trails before so I was under the impression that it was a new perk and didn't even bother searching for old posts. Sorry D:

Last edited: