Yuki Nagato

Uncharitable Spy
This thing actually shows through the wall, I don't know whether it's intended to do that not? One concern though is someone could wrongly end up accused of wall hacking if they kept tracing someone using it because they can see them whether they're hacking or not.

I don't think the trail would show up on a demo either?

Edit: It actually does show on a demo it seems, though it still leaves people showing through wall ingame.

1z3tmyr.jpg

Last edited:

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
https://www.skial.com/threads/donator-perk-trails-issue.48264/#post-534091

Trails uses stuff packaged with TF2, to fix the wallhackie ones would require a custom download. Bottiger doesn't want to force custom files on everyone for various reasons.

Some of the options do have the issue, some don't. If it bothers you, you just have to use the ones that aren't visible though walls for now.

I don't know if this would change at all now but thats not up to me.

Yuki Nagato

Uncharitable Spy
https://www.skial.com/threads/donator-perk-trails-issue.48264/#post-534091

I don't know if this would change at all now but thats not up to me.

As the maker of that thread points out the problem is everyone can see it, and the reply given really seemed to gloss over it a bit. One other major issue with them is they're distracting and can even be intentionally used to distract the other team if you know they can see you. A push on one side could storm through because half the team was too busy watching arrows moving behind a wall, in that scenario it's actually being abused. It may be better to just leave them on non quickplay servers like idle, though I don't see why the list can't just be edited to remove/replace them.

Bottiger

Administrator
Because if we removed them there would be almost no trails to use. Some people like trails even if they can be seen through the walls.

Since we added trails maybe 1+ years ago this is the first time I've ever heard someone complain they would be used to intentionally distract the team.