haytil

Mildly Menacing Medic
On the Payload+ US Server (and perhaps elsewhere), map voting has been changed so that it automatically starts at the end of a given round (maybe the 2nd round? 1st? Not sure).

This makes the voting options impossible to see, as they are overlaid by the image of the losing team's MVPs. This image clusterfuck makes it impossible to vote intelligently.

Example image: https://pasteboard.co/HE2tire.jpg

I know I'm not the only one affected by this, it's now been discussed multiple times by other players on the mic.

I believe this can be fixed my changing the voting timing back to the way it was before - either triggered in-round by an RTV or automatically a few minutes before the end of the "current map time" (again, which is in the middle of the round). This way, the two dialog boxes (losing MVPs and voting options) aren't displayed at the same time and won't interfere with each other.

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
-1 to your solution of removing the map change after 4 rounds. I'd prefer not playing one map for an hour, possibly longer if server votes to extend the map.

Although I do see this as a visibility issue.

Last edited:

Bottiger

Administrator
Well people complained to me that the server stayed on the same map too long and they wanted it to change in 2 rounds (it is currently set to 4 now).

You can also fix this by pressing 1 to get rid of the losing team menu.

haytil

Mildly Menacing Medic
I'd prefer not playing one map for an hour, possibly longer if server votes to extend the map.

This is what RTV is for. If the majority of the server wants to move on from the current map (and votes for it), then you're not there for an hour.

Well people complained to me that the server stayed on the same map too long and they wanted it to change in 2 rounds (it is currently set to 4 now).

Why not leave them the choice with RTV, as it was before, rather then force the map change?

I saw the potential for hour-long maps as a feature that attracted me to the server in the first place. I find that the quality of the games improves after the first few rounds, as people settle into the map and into their roles on the team (adapting their class balance to suit the environment).