Help Me! First PC Build

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Dutch, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Dutch

Dutch Spectacularly Lethal Soldier

Steam:

I'm currently looking to make my own computer and would like assistance from people who know a bit about that. I have minimal experience with computer builds, only going off of Youtube videos and friends who have their own PC's. They can't always help me with it so I was looking for people on here who could. I have provided a list below of my current build and would like it to be critiqued on what could be better.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wmwhVY

2. User

User Sufficiently Lethal Scout

Steam:

Try and find some tutorials on the internet as best you can. If no success, find shops that relate to computers and machinery; dudes there will probably have some idea about it.

3. Dutch

Steam:

4. Dutch

Steam:

Alrighty thanks

5. Dutch

Steam:

• Like Like x 2
  6. User

User Sufficiently Lethal Scout

Steam:

Can you tell me how you make it cause I'm getting tempted to make a PC myself

7. Windows95

Windows95 Uncharitable Spy

Steam:

Budget?

8. Dutch

Steam:

$700-$800

9. Windows95

Steam:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
    GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB AMP
    Motherboard: ASRock AB350 PRO-4/ASRock AB350M PRO-4
    RAM: Ballistix Sport LT 2x4 2400 MHz DDR4 or HyperX Fury
    SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB
    HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB 7200rpm
    Case: Cooler Master MasterBox 5
    PSU: Corsair CX450M

10. Drum

Drum Australian Skial God Contributor Mapper

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/

You can read about stuff there using the sidebar + ask questions or look at what people are posting. There should be similar builds to what you're looking for.

11. Windows95

Steam:

Also I forgot to ask: what's your monitor? And are you going to do a lot of overclock?

12. Dutch

Steam:

Thanks

13. Dutch

Steam:

I don't have anything. This is all from scratch. I've been using shitty laptops for years. Tired of not being able to play actual games.

14. Windows95

Steam:

So you need a monitor, keyboard and mouse. Are they included in the budget?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dutch

Steam:

Haha. No. I have a shitty $1 mouse. Had it for years not worried about it yet. I'll get one when its necessary. But yes a keyboard and monitor is needed. They are not included in the budget. I would be fine with a $1 keyboard honestly. Not going to worry about an expensive ones until I get the full pc. I can get a razor keyboard at my local Wal-Mart for like $50. I need a better mic too because I've been using an Apple earbud mic for the longest time haha. I definitely have some money to make to get all this. I was referred to a snowball mic but I'm not sure.

16. Dutch

Steam:

Also did you look at the build and make sure everything looked right? I'm new to this as I said so I want to make sure it actually all goes together.

17. Dutch

Steam:

Would an optical drive be necessary? I can get one for $10. Cheapest one lol.

18. Drum

Drum Australian Skial God Contributor Mapper

You should triple check it yourself and carefully read again how everything goes together. Does the CPU socket match the motherboard? How do the benchmarks for the GPU and CPU look for that price bracket? Does the PSU have enough power / what energy certification does it have? Does the GPU have a port for the monitor you want to purchase? Does the PC case form factor match the motherboard? Does my motherboard have enough connections / the right IO ports/

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/wiki/beginnersguide

These are all questions you should be asking yourself.
    If you're really not sure, that subreddit is a really good place to ask questions, as it's a lot more active than here.

You should get an external drive instead if you think you will need to use CDs.

Do not buy a razer keyboard, they're not quality for the price. Just really good marketing.
    /r/mechanicalkeyboards is that way.

Also check and make sure that you buy a PC monitor, not a tv.

19. Cream Tea

Cream Tea Banned Legendary Mapper

Steam:

Yeah if you buy a TV the fps gets limited, usually to 30fps on older models.

Though I'm sure you're not that dumb Dutch ;)

20. Dutch

Steam:

Was mainly asking if he spotted anything because I did not. I wasn't asking him to do the work for me. He seems like he knows what he's talking about so I was asking him.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice