VEGAN DAD

Australian Skial God
Contributor
So i had some problems with my Steam client lately so i decided to reinstall Steam. After reinstalling, i installed my hud as well as set up my autoexec.cfg scripts (https://raw.github.com/cdown/tf2configs/master/maxframes).

Everything seemed to work fine, but around 10 minutes in-game, tf2 crashed and i got the 'hl2.exe has stopped working' error. I tried a few other times and the same thing would happen. After erasing the script, my tf2 worked fine. I tried setting up the scripts a few more times and it still would crash my tf2. This was never a problem up until i reinstalled steam. If any of you could help me out I would be highly appreciated and would reward you with a key if your suggestion is the solution. Thanks~

EDIT: figured it out, valve done fucked up dx8

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
if your scripts have the wait command in them then that's why you're crashing

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
hmm don't seem to have 'wait' anywhere in the script
I don't see any reason why max frames would have a wait command. Max frames has never caused issues to anyone I know, or for my idle accounts. Are you manually configuring the file? If so you could have messed something up. There's a thread with a link to a website for configuring the file in the sticky section of the tf2 section.

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
if you're running in dx8 that's why you're crashing.
valve broke dx8 because they're shit

VEGAN DAD

Australian Skial God
Contributor
switched to a dx9 config. hope they fix this soon. ruelel i have a key coming your way.