chairius✿

Wicked Nasty Engineer
FF2 Balancer
So, i've been meaning to make a fourm to balance weapons for a LONG time, I just haven't had the time. Anyways, here it is!

Nerfs:

Baby Face's Blaster:
Remove Clip Buff
Remove Damage Buff

The boost already gives scout enough speed to outrun hale, and with the Crit-a-Cola he can permanantly outrun hale, basically a stock upgrade...

Mantreads:
No more extra rocketjump boost.

On maps like vsh_urban_works or vsh_military_area soldiers can indefinately rocketjump with no consequences, and now with the update, I think they'll be fine as it is

Direct Hit:
No crit on mini-crit

Soldiers constantly use this and just taunt randomly around the map for mini-crits, doing 338 damage shots, it's super annoying and should be nerfed

FATHER

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
The boost already gives scout enough speed to outrun hale, and with the Crit-a-Cola he can permanantly outrun hale, basically a stock upgrade...
This can be countered using the hales' rage and super jump.

Soldiers constantly use this and just taunt randomly around the map for mini-crits, doing 338 damage shots, it's super annoying and should be nerfed
The hale can counter this by dodging the mini crit direct hit rockets, they have a small blast radius so you have to aim well. Your're trying to nerf a weapon that's annoying to you but its easy to fight against. How about invis spies that use full ammo packs and can remain cloaked for the whole round and the hale cant find them. Or how about pryos that constantly use the detonator to jump mindlessly around the map without doing damage and you cant catch them because they're too fast.

I think we should wait before making these changes. A lot of weapons have been changed from the update and ff2 will also be changed. We should play it for a while and then we can add more suggestions on weapons that need changing.

Meebas

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Mapper
I'll post a TL;DR of what I said about BFB in the last post made:

Its health penalty and speed decay easily balances the speed boost you get. There is no damage buff, so no need to nerf that. The 6 clip isn't needed, so 4 would be fine. From experience, the faster firing+bullet spread increase on lower health really doesn't matter. One meat shot brings you to full boost so unloading a whole clip faster isn't significant.

Nerf clip. Nothing else, and it's fine.

Direct hit really doesn't need to be nerfed. Considering how difficult it is to aim and predict, the damage it outputs is reasonably rewarding, because shooting rockets with stock or the like have a good chance of landing damage if you can aim even slightly. With last man crits, the 270 damage rockets are much, *much* easier to hit than the 338 direct rockets.

Mantreads, yes. Totally agree. It is too easy to just jump infinitely with health packs and ammo feeding you until you time out the boss.

Reactions: Cream Tea

Percilius

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
FF2 Balancer
For some reason I couldn't edit my previous post and I honestly didn't read anything that chairius wrote so I'm going to go a bit in detail,

The BFB should have it's clip decreased as Meebas said atlhough the faster firing speed along with the weapon spread whenever a scout is low at health while using it is a little bit hard for the boss so I suggest also removing the weapon spread while keeping the firing speed just so that the weapon doesn't stay useless.

It's about time that the mantreads got nerfed.

No change is required for the Direct Hit because it isn't easy doing damage with a fast projectile with a very small blast radius.