TRANSGENDER ROBOTNIK

Mildly Menacing Medic
I've tried to play full Demoknight while playing Freak Fortress, but I always have been turned away from it because my shield breaks. This is a problem because if you are using the Bootlegger or the Booties, you basically have only a melee for the rest of the round and it ruins the whole point of playing Demoknight. I propose that your shield cannot break if you are using the Booties/Bootlegger as your primary. I'm fine if it still breaks otherwise, as you still have your Grenade Launcher, but I want this to change so I and other people can have a better experience playing this class.
Side Note: At what point exactly does the shield break? Is it based off of Swings? Damage? Hits?

DanishSoup

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
Shields break because it gives you a free get out of jail without losing any hp. Take the eyelander, 2 swings and you're surviving every boss that does 202 damage. On top of that, getting 4 heads make you move at scout speeds with the boots. Equipping the loose cannon or iron bomber also gives you a massive mobility buff. And on top of that, he has one of the highest overheals next to heavy. So you got a class with scout speeds or explosive mobility, 235 hp max (210 without the boots), does 195 damage with an extended melee range, and a shitton of overheal when paired with a medic.