Meebas

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Mapper
Vader has way too much going for him. does 300+ damage and his rage has uber and gives him a flare that can kill everyone within the massive explosion radius. He also doesn't suffer from afterburn, but that's not a huge deal.

Few suggestions:
  • Severely reduce flare gun range
  • Remove uber on rage
  • Buff chain lightning damage slightly (it hardly does anything)
  • Get rid of the "three lives" thing because it makes no sense.
(And while we're at it give Mario the "lives" feature)

Meebas

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Mapper
I forgot to mention.... also nerf the melee damage his batsaber does. It one-shots every class except overhealed heavies. Tone it down to like 200.

Stove™

Positively Inhumane Poster
The only thing I really agree with in terms of fixing Vader is nerfing his melee damage. Bottiger has said that there's not much we can do about the flare gun. His uber doesn't really last long so I don't really see a reason to remove it. Him having three lives doesn't really make much of a difference either so it doesn't have much of a reason to be removed. We've also had the chain lightning before with more damage than it has now. Unless we want to get killed by a single right click from halfway across the map, I suggest not buffing that, as that's the reason we had it nerfed in the first place. His flare gun is already overpowered enough, and giving him another overpowered way of killing us would just make him even more annoying to fight against.

Regardless, I'll give a +1 just for a melee damage nerf.

Stove™

Positively Inhumane Poster
Alrighty, so this thread got approved, which is fine, but I’m curious about what we should expect from changes to Vader; should we expect all of them listed in this thread or just some?

Percilius

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
FF2 Balancer
I'm not sure why mario was given lives and the whole thing is pretty redundant but,
Vader currently has near to no health and mario has way too much health in each life.