chairius✿

Wicked Nasty Engineer
FF2 Balancer
if you've ever played on this map, you probably know about this set of rooms

unknown.png

unknown.png

this thing causes the most delayed, boring matches ever. this map would be perfectly fine if this room was removed/uncampable. the one entrance/one way exit makes this map extremely boring whenever a hale stalls out because, predictably, if they go into this area they will lose. it only takes one engineer or one heavy to force a hale to use rage to even enter. there's a couple of possible things you could do to make this way better

- remove the ability to build in the room
- remove the hp and ammo in the room
- remove the room
- add more ways to enter
- idk man i'm not a map designer not my job

If my thread is declined with a reason among the lines of "we don't have anyone to do it" I will go and ask Cream Tea to do it. Thanks :)

herp 105.4

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
FF2 Balancer
chair you melon thats what rage is for
also to note if you say "oh some ff2 bosses dont have a stun rage so they cant deal with it" then thats an issue only for them and we only got miku who is really effected by that
also a good boss knows what to do and can get easy engi kills in the first 10 seconds if he/she plays her cards right
ElNoSabe.gif

chairius✿

Wicked Nasty Engineer
FF2 Balancer
chair you melon thats what rage is for
also to note if you say "oh some ff2 bosses dont have a stun rage so they cant deal with it" then thats an issue only for them and we only got miku who is really effected by that
also a good boss knows what to do and can get easy engi kills in the first 10 seconds if he/she plays her cards right
ElNoSabe.gif

i think that's your issue, considering you're the balancer
this isn't an engineer-only issue, heavies, soldiers, demos can all sit in that room and drag out rounds

the following hales do not have true-stun rages:
Doom, Hatsune Miku, Predator, Handsome Jack, Nepgear, One Punch Man, The Rock, Sonic, Pootis Bird, and (i think?) Globama

so no, it's not just "Miku", there's actually quite a lot of bosses who handle this poorly

herp 105.4

Contributor
FF2 Balancer
aight

doom: has weapons
miku: fucking miku
predator: cloak AND a damage projectile that last for an ungodly amount of time
jack: cloak AND weapons
nepgear: knockback resistance and a sniper
one punch: knockback resistance
rock: knockback resistance
sonic: knockback resistance and uber
pootis bird: haste, when he summons minions it does stun sentries, when he loses a life he teleports
globama: fucking globama jesus christ why did you put him on this list he has like the best counter
chair you fool, all of these bosses (apart for miku) have a way to get in

DanishSoup

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
aight

pootis bird: haste, when he summons minions it does stun sentries, when he loses a life he teleports
globama: fucking globama jesus christ why did you put him on this list he has like the best counter
I thought nepgear only had partial knockback resistance because her defensive cheer only gives her resistances and not full kb resistance

chairius✿

Wicked Nasty Engineer
FF2 Balancer
aight

the KB resist isn't strong enough for ANY boss, it doesn't matter what boss they are, heavy minigun still deals enough knockback to keep hales out. also, I haven't even mentioned the spike button yet. invisibility can't do anything to a heavy constantly firing down that hallway. Pootis Bird needs to lose a life, and he can only do it twice. The damage projectile from Predator is inconsistent and is not strong enough to destroy a sentry by itself.

yeah i forgot about globama having a great rage. But requiring hales to use rage to even enter is really unbalanced, ik exactly why you're defending this room stop trying to keep your cheese and eat it too

Nicholas771212

TF2 Admin
Mikus only real way to counter is with cleavers, and that usually works pretty well. I find the room pretty annoying with engies tbh but usually it just punishes the hales who don't target that place as first priority. Generally its easily counterable, if not they'll take a large chunk of damage but usually able to clear out the room. The only thing i would say that needs to be removed is the insta kill spike trap as thats a bit gimmicky so ill leave a +0 for nowl

ish

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
-1, since we have the same map pools this also affects VSH. And to what herp said, it really is dependent if hale is competent enough to go for engis in that camp spot, so I don't see the issue.

herp 105.4

Contributor
FF2 Balancer
-1, since we have the same map pools this also affects VSH. And to what herp said, it really is dependent if hale is competent enough to go for engis in that camp spot, so I don't see the issue.
aight do you know what vsh and ff2 need to do? finally talk about all the maps because jesus christ if we dont get our acts together then none of us are going to enjoy it

also whats vsh's view on tower of peril

mub

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
aight do you know what vsh and ff2 need to do? finally talk about all the maps because jesus christ if we dont get our acts together then none of us are going to enjoy it

There's not much we can talk about, either we split the map pool or we just add all the maps that either gamemode asks for to the overall map pool.

Tower of Peril is a pretty outdated map, abusable cap and lift system, 10 minute round syndrome. I'm about 95% certain VSH wouldn't want that.

ish

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor

Pretty much what mub said. We've somewhat compiled a list of maps that would be cool to have added to both our map pools and or split between the two game modes if you wanna see a list of that. I don't think any of us would mind talking to FF2 regulars to find common ground to get what both communities want. Discord?

Stove™

If anything, I just think that area could do away with the insta-kill spikes. Maybe a sort of room overhaul that would give the boss another way of entering rather than that one little tunnel.

Flandre

Gore-Spattered Heavy
ok let's sort it out about this map

Some hales have knockback resistance+ weapons+ uber+ teleport.
Examples-
-Nepgear
-Sonic
-Rock
-PootisBird
-One punch man
-Doomguy
-Miku
-Cave Johnson: his weapon can shoot in tunnel window
-Globama
-Predator
-Jack

Some hales can't go in tunnel room and delaying.
Examples-
-Solid Snake
-Mario
-Shrek
-Chadigger
-Demopan
-Bill
-Donkey Kong [monkee]
-Gabe Newell

I'll give -1
to handle this tunnel room

herp 105.4

Contributor
FF2 Balancer
Some hales can't go in tunnel room and delaying.
Examples-
-Solid Snake
-Mario
-Shrek
-Chadigger
-Demopan
-Bill
-Donkey Kong [monkee]
-Gabe Newell

all of these bosses can go into the tunnel room and have the kit to get in there

snake: knockback immunity disguise
mario: fucking uber and ghost rage
shrek: ghost rage
chaddiger: rage
demopan: charge and rage
donkey kong: rage
gabe: cmon seriously? look at a player, hit left click and you teleport into them, killing them

seriously what the fuck

Stove™

-1 VSH handles this room fine.
Most of the bosses in FF2 can handle it perfectly fine as well, mainly with their rages. Honestly, the only issue is the annoying instakill spikes. The room is already fortified enough as it is if you've got a sentry nest set up in there, so it really doesn't need the spikes. They just make it even more of a hassle to get in and have that chance to just completely end your entire boss round. It's not fun to try and deal with.