• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Peri

Mildly Menacing Medic
Can anybody work on possible fixing the hit registration in Freak Fortress 2 servers? I understand TF2 is an old game and this is mostly valve's issue but is there any possible way to improve bosses from hitting you 10 feet away? I have talked to many regular players on one server and it is a giant issue. If anyone would respond that'd be great.

Vodka4Gaben

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Can anybody work on possible fixing the hit registration in Freak Fortress 2 servers? I understand TF2 is an old game and this is mostly valve's issue but is there any possible way to improve bosses from hitting you 10 feet away? I have talked to many regular players on one server and it is a giant issue. If anyone would respond that'd be great.
If you have issues with hitreg that is your computers fault you either installed something incorrectly or you didn't download something from FF2/Tf2, Because none of my friends have the issue and 60% of them play on ff2

Sincerely, Kyle.

Peri

Mildly Menacing Medic
That's just ping and lag compensation doing it's job. The TF2 wiki is down right now, but it explains the situation: https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Lag_compensation
You can also read more on the Valve developer wiki: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Source_Multiplayer_Networking#Lag_compensation
Thank you for the response. I knew it had to do with lag with other people as well as my own computer, I was just curious if anything could be done about it.

Peri

Mildly Menacing Medic
If you have issues with hitreg that is your computers fault you either installed something incorrectly or you didn't download something from FF2/Tf2, Because none of my friends have the issue and 60% of them play on ff2

Sincerely, Kyle.
Okay, thank you for the response. A lot of my friends have issues with it but I'll work on improving my computer so that stuff doesn't ever happen. I typically don't get much lag only ocasionally but I'll still work on it.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Some bosses also have increased melee range

For some of them (at least in VSH) that melee range gets even longer the lower their health drops

Peri

Mildly Menacing Medic
Some bosses also have increased melee range

For some of them (at least in VSH) that melee range gets even longer the lower their health drops
Oh okay that makes sense on why it's happening. Thank you for the reponse