DanishSoup

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor

Cave

Cave buff is simple, rage damage from 6000 to 4750. I felt like i made caves rage damage too high. Now i made it so that its a bit higher than his old rage damage from before the rework.

Abe

I've been working a lot to fix Abe's problems this week. I noticed on the server that barely anyone wins as Abe and that there's a few stupid things that made the boss turn wasted. I've been working on a last major update for Abe which is a model update but its not done yet but i felt like updating Abe before that time since weightpainting is a pain and the model requires more work.

Changes

Rage damage from 6000 to 5000. I felt like the rage damage was too harsh. The brew rage already has a cooldown and Abe already has a low health pool.
• Now uses a different plugin to handle weighdown. I noticed that weighdown acted stupid when having it be instant using dynamic defaults. It just wouldn't activate the super duper jump. This is why jack, miku, abe, etc struggled in turret testing. This new plugin now allows for the super duper jump to work and not be too fast like charged weighdown. This new weighdown also allows to weighdown even if you don't look down. I'm not sure if bottiger already has it on the server but i added it on the zip just to make sure.
• Brew rage now lasts forever. This doesn't mean it will regenerate, but it no longer disappears in 20 seconds. The problem before was that the brew rage had to be used in that moment despite having a low splash area and costing way too much time. Now you can keep it until you want to use it.
• Fixed automatic firing stolen weapons. Another huge problem Abe had was that the syringe gun and minigun really sucked on damage. They'll barely even kill 1 person despite costing 100 rage. Now the syringe gun does 16 on close range and 12-14 from mid to long. The minigun was a bit tricky. The damage was very inconsistent. The best solution i've done was to try to reduce the damage fall off by giving it crits and reducing the damage to try to not make it too strong. The minigun now does at least 13 in mid and 20+ upclose.
• I also fixed the minigun and sniper from having too fast movement. Now it should slow you down when you have these weapons. The sniper was also tweaked to remove the charge time to speed up gameplay. It does the same damage as before.
• New sounds. This was mostly fixing music/voicelines being quiet in certain parts and new voicelines to replace the 4 laughing kill sounds.

DL: https://www.mediafire.com/file/n3jub25t5dohfm3/Cave_buff_%2B_Abe_update.zip/file
That should all wrap up everything in this update. I'm working hard on the last major Abe update along with working on a new boss that i don't think i'd submit to skial.

• Haha
Reactions: Italian Doctor