• yea

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • nay

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters

Meebas

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Mapper
I've been thinking maybe FF2 needs a rule list of its own because a lot of things are out of hand, and some players can do some really annoying, or (to their team,) harmful things that should be enforced more strictly.

Some ideas that have been floating around so far are:
  • Make the no friendlying rule more obvious.
  • No ghosting.
  • Assure the boss has an obligation to advance the battle / no camping in which it only delays the round
  • Enforce against pyros airblasting too much without dealing damage (harming team)
Just what I have so far.
Friendlying is against Skial rules but it becomes much more potent in FF2 because sparing players can restrict the last actual players from getting crits or mini crits.
Ghosting is debatable, but I believe it's especially something reds should not be able to do to their teammates.
Boss shouldn't be delaying the round by sitting in a location forcing reds to advance.
Pyro's airblast grants 5% rage. There are pyros that deliberately give bosses (sometimes friends) rage. Some don't understand this so it could be a lenient rule.

Please suggest changes or append to what I currently have. Thanks!

Reactions: Reedgreat

Whip_Cactus

Truly Feared Pyro
My opinions on your suggestions:
-Already against the rules as you said.
-Makes perfect sense and is annoying to play against
-I think that a rule against delaying/camping would be too vague to make any real difference, and would probably be over-referenced and misunderstood.
-Already against the rules.

Suggestions of my own:
-Some rule against "rage-building", ie building rage by using the map to hurt yourself without fighting players, for example death pits on some of the maps. I would suggest this being banned because it gives the hale an unfair advantage, especially with long range rages, such as vader's lightning.

Reactions: Percilius

TheMiningAlex

Positively Inhumane Poster
I believe that we should have a section in the rules or a separate page specifically for this game mode. Currently there's no real place to see it.

Meebas

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Mapper
well, cool. I see some agree. Any admins' input? can those who voted no provide some feedback and points against our claim?

Slip

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Mapper
There is no need, the general rules are already enough and states all the claims you made (aside from the pyro airblast one).

Also, no need to ban ghosting.

Percilius

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
FF2 Balancer
+1
We do need specific rules for freak fortress.
- People often mistake the no friendlying rule and tend to make excuses such as waiting for the crits or they just want to rock paper scissor them.
- Some bosses occasionally ask the reds the location of a specific player because of pure jealousy or hate and this needs to be stopped.
- Some bosses always tend to camp in maps such as urban works ( mcheavies ) or egypt spot
( deathtrap room )
We need all the rules for freak fortress 2 as meebas has specified so that people can understand them more clearly and not make any excuses.

Last edited:

Percilius

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
FF2 Balancer
We also need a rule for cave johnson's rage minions to not friendly and try to kill the reds.
They mostly do nothing to help the boss and go cart around in secluded areas where the reds can't kill them.

Dave

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Make the no friendlying rule more obvious.
I think it's quite obvious.
No ghosting
It sure does help for those players who are " camping or hiding " this is not a hide and seek server
Assure the boss has an obligation to advance the battle / no camping in which it only delays the round
The players against the boss also has an obligation to advance the battle with no camping which it only delays the round .

Lately there have been a few players against the hale that will hide out in the towers or in a hiding in a high spot and a scout playing cat and mouse with little to no damage to be the last ones alive including you.

The object is to kill Hale or cap the capture point and for hale to kill the reds and or cap the piont.
because sparing players can restrict the last actual players from getting crits or mini crits.
This is a questionable one. As I play on that server often too I can't force someone to target someone that I want them to target when it looks like " easy kill " As I play hale I have purposely Passed other players and not attacked them because my focus was on another player to kill whether it's personal or an engineer to get rid of his century and missed a good kill with the medic right next to them. It's all about strategy in some cases or tunnel vision targeting one player .

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
What I really think would help improve the game mode is a plugin that automatically slays you after a certain amount of time elapsed without you doing damage to the boss

It's really annoying to have a scout or a cloak and dagger spy prolong the game and hide in weird ass corners in the map, especially when there's more than 2 players left on the team so Hale can't cap. At the same time, however, there will always be Hales who can abuse this mechanic and run away from the players/get into a range where only hits can weapons will do damage, so this probably wouldn't work.

Having an admin on is basically the only surefire way to ensure a smooth round, but that's not always possible.

Reactions: Percilius

Frozah

Mildly Menacing Medic
I honestly think there should be a rule where impossible places that the Hale cannot reach, while players can. This rule also includes locations where the map creator did not intend exploitable spots being there, such as clipping through walls in order to not be seen. In short, the basis of this rule is to stop players from abusing the map's flaws, and stalling the round until the time runs out.

EDIT:
  • Enforce against pyros airblasting too much without dealing damage (harming team)
Instead of the airblasting too much idea, how about having a rule against rage-farming in general? Pyros who airblast too much are often assisting the Hale with rage-farming, anyways, although this idea could be open for better interpretation.

Last edited:

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
What I really think would help improve the game mode is a plugin that automatically slays you after a certain amount of time elapsed without you doing damage to the boss

It's really annoying to have a scout or a cloak and dagger spy prolong the game and hide in weird ass corners in the map, especially when there's more than 2 players left on the team so Hale can't cap. At the same time, however, there will always be Hales who can abuse this mechanic and run away from the players/get into a range where only hits can weapons will do damage, so this probably wouldn't work.

Having an admin on is basically the only surefire way to ensure a smooth round, but that's not always possible.

I don't think a plugin like that would be a good idea

There are a lot of circumstances where it would only be detrimental and kill "innocent" players

Plus hales could abuse the shit out of that. They could just jump to some unreachable spots on certain maps and wait for everyone to start getting auto-slayed

TheMiningAlex

Positively Inhumane Poster
there may be some more rules that could be added to freak fortress and Saxon Hale, but for now they really should have their own section because there are some rules that specific to those game modes that aren't listed in the server rules.
  • No ghosting.
  • Assure the boss has an obligation to advance the battle / no camping in which it only delays the round

Currently no ghost thing as a rule that only is stated in jailbreak. There are some instances in freak fortress where is this should apply and some where it should not.
Assuring an obligation to advance the battle and no camping in order to delay. This just ruins the fun when in happens. It is part of the reason why the cap Points were added, so that after you got down to a small number of players if they were delaying you could end the round. But if there's five people and they're all delaying or camping in an almost impossible to reach area such as the small room on Egypt, it becomes impossible for the round to end until the timer runs out.
I've seen it happen many times where a Pyro simply runs straight at the Hale and starts air blasting them but never does Any damage until the Hale gets there rage. It ruins everyone else's time because everyone dies because the Pyro is harming their team. Harming your team is already against the rules but it's not clear in freak fortress

It can be difficult to enforce rules when you don't have them clearly stated anywhere. People would simply say that the rule doesn't exist Because it's not stated.

Last edited:

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Since I play on VSH a lot I'll give my two cents

The no friendlying rule is as obvious as we can make it I feel. It specifically says in the rules you can't friendly. Some players are just legitimately dumb, intentionally ignore the rule or don't bother to read the rules to begin with and making the rule more obvious isn't going to change that

As far as the ghosting thing goes I always felt it fell under griefing, and I thought a long time ago we came to the conclusion that ghosting isn't allowed on VSH/FF2 at least but I'm waiting for a response from the other admins on that

Bosses can camp but if they're doing it in a way that is only delaying the round then we can slay for it, and so can you using the votemenu. More specifically if they're staying in one camp spot and no one is going in there to try to shoot him and the boss refuses to budge then I'd say that's slay worthy but if there's players still going in there and dying then I wouldn't slay for it.

As for pyro airblast spamming we do ban pyros who are intentionally trying to grief their team by intentionally feeding hale rage with airblast spamming. But I dunno how we would go about enforcing a rule that says they can only airblast so much without doing damage. There's a lot of circumstances in VSH/FF2 where airblast spamming is practically necessary to save teammates or yourself. There's also a lot of players who don't even know airblast gives the boss more rage. Just seems like a slippery slope

Sakiko

Contributor
The rules for me are pretty clear,
The other day i had a twit hiding in the bushes waiting to be last so i asked him why He's response "I Don't want to waste the entire round in spec" he is now enjoying wasting his time at a ban screen after doing it clearly after i told him not to.

You can make rules for everything but most of the time people do not bother to read or follow

Percilius

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
FF2 Balancer
The other day i had a twit hiding in the bushes waiting to be last so i asked him why He's response "I Don't want to waste the entire round in spec" he is now enjoying wasting his time at a ban screen after doing it clearly after i told him not to.

You can make rules for everything but most of the time people do not bother to read or follow
Most of the people who play on the server try to make excuses implying there is no rule stating they wait for crits or wait to rps to the so if we could make it more clear there is a huge chance they might be stopped if stated more clearly

Whip_Cactus

Truly Feared Pyro

Yeah we should just make everyone an admin instead of trying to get the community to follow the rules...