• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Should vsh_egyptyspot_skial_final be changed?

• Remove the map

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep it exactly the same

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Change it (Block off both camp spots/ nerf them, etc. Reply with what change you suggest)

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters

goldencheeze

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
This map is in an interesting spot - For VSH, it's fine, but in FF2 it's sort of a problem - The turtle area(s) can stall out the game and make rounds much longer than normal, when FF2 is usually the mode with shorter rounds.
The instant kill trap, especially, isn't good for FF2 because it takes one player to get in there (Not very hard because most bosses aren't fast enough to reach it before RED team, espec. in a full server), and for bosses without a stun this can spell game over and they cannot do anything about it.

The amount of effort required for red to camp doesn't match that required by the boss to counter it, and it just isn't fun for anyone when most of the time there's someone turtling making everyone in spectate wait and cheese the hale

door

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
The layout is just fine, all i care about is that the camp spot with the trap shouldnt be a "vent," meaning that its just a hallway to walkthrough, i guess the second exit in that area could be two way for the hale but you guys vote on that. The middle spot should just be a door instead of a "vent" entrance. For the island in the sky, that should also be a door but the planks can stay there. Other than the camp spots, everything is fine about the map.

Stove™

Positively Inhumane Poster
The map doesn't need to be removed so much as it needs a bit of a rework.

One glaring issue in that room can be solved: get rid of the spike trap. You're already in a force crouch area and more than likely being shot back by a level 3 sentry and a Heavy/Medic combo. I see absolutely no point in having this instakill trap that blocks off the boss and can completely end their round if they make one wrong move. This is especially true with newer players that won't know about it.

I can't really think of much else besides the removal of that trap. Maybe open up the first tunnel area a bit so you don't have to force crouch through it, but you can leave the second tunnel area as it is. This will prevent you from getting completely stuck with no means of escape from the first room. I've seen this happen with bosses such as Nepgear.

mub

Contributor
How about making the tunnel with the spikes a walkable hallway while the entrance tunnel stays a crouchtunnel?

Stove™

How about making the tunnel with the spikes a walkable hallway while the entrance tunnel stays a crouchtunnel?
That could also work. If the plan is to still keep the spikes in that area though, remove the instakill aspect of them. Maybe have them work more like the spikes in the room with the Headtaker where it teleports you back to spawn if you land in them, but you still lose some health.

chairius✿

Wicked Nasty Engineer
FF2 Balancer
Don't make it a crouchtunnel; it's slow and grating and downright impossible for some hales to even enter without major effort. The amount of effort it takes to get in that room for the hale is nowhere near as close as the amount of effort it takes for RED. Even good hales who target that room immediately after starting the match will still have REDs trickle into that room. Only one person needs to sit in there to draw the match out; it was worse whenever there was no cap and you had to wait the rest of the match out.

Bob Knight

Mildly Menacing Medic
I say get rid of the spike trap and maybe open that doorway in the back so the hales could jump through that way. Everything else is fine in my opinion.