DanishSoup

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
Hello all, I've been working on a boss called Abe, hes from one of my favorite videogame franchises.
Basic details:
  • 15 sounds including music (from backstab sounds, killstreaks, dying, etc)
  • normal health
  • good speed when health depletes
  • average high jump
  • no double jump
  • average swing speed
  • average damage
  • weighdown
  • boss selection text with details and how to play
Some other stuff

Abe's rage: Abe gets a tiny sliver of uber, can stun sentries only, and gets grenades. These grenades do average damage to players (102) but quite a lot when it comes to buildings. The draw back to this is that he only gets 3 grenades per rage. So you can make a choice of destroying buildings or using those 3 grenades on taking down a heavy.

Custom text for preparing high jump and using weighdown

3 different types of songs from Oddworld Abes Exoddus. Example of one:

Special thanks is in the config. Model, textures, and everything has been tested on my local ff2 server.
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/fyj2qe7yzy56g4s/New_%27n%27_Tasty_Boss_Abe.rar/file

xpRwTLV.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Stove™

Stove™

Positively Inhumane Poster
This is a pretty good looking boss. Do you have an exact number when it comes to how much damage he does? And how fast is his swing speed exactly?

Nonetheless I'll give it a +1, seems like a fun boss.

soos

TF2 Admin
throwing us the stats on his weapon(s) would be handy. but its great to see that people (other than the select few that i know of) are actually doing something. keep up the good work

+1 im down for the boss

DanishSoup

Contributor
throwing us the stats on his weapon(s) would be handy. but its great to see that people (other than the select few that i know of) are actually doing something. keep up the good work

+1 im down for the boss
Sorry y'all's. He does 202 damage and his swing speed should be -%50 percent from scouts swing speed.
The "bombs" he has comes from the iron bomber that does 102 damage to players but I think like 250+ or so to buildings. Average shoot speed, holds 2 at a time with 1 ammo

Stove™

Positively Inhumane Poster
Sorry y'all's. He does 202 damage and his swing speed should be -%50 percent from scouts swing speed.
The "bombs" he has comes from the iron bomber that does 102 damage to players but I think like 250+ or so to buildings. Average shoot speed, holds 2 at a time with 1 ammo
Sounds good to me. How often does he get rage by the way? Devil said that there doesn't appear to be rage damage in his config so he's curious if Abe will get rage as frequently as pre-nerf Ass Pancakes.

DanishSoup

Contributor
Sounds good to me. How often does he get rage by the way? Devil said that there doesn't appear to be rage damage in his config so he's curious if Abe will get rage as frequently as pre-nerf Ass Pancakes.
I'm not sure TBH. I only tested him with 1 bot which he only got 1 rage when he hits under 100 health. If that seems too much, I'll make a new line for the rage

Drezki

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
+1
Whenever everything is worked out with the boss, it'll be a welcome addition. Glad to see some more creators popping in.

DanishSoup

Contributor
Hello all, I've been working on a boss called Abe, hes from one of my favorite videogame franchises.
Basic details:

• 15 sounds including music (from backstab sounds, killstreaks, dying, etc)

normal health
    good speed when health depletes

average high jump
    no double jump
    average swing speed
    average damage
    weighdown
    boss selection text with details and how to play
Some other stuff

Abe's rage: Abe gets a tiny sliver of uber, can stun sentries only, and gets grenades. These grenades do average damage to players (102) but quite a lot when it comes to buildings. The draw back to this is that he only gets 3 grenades per rage. So you can make a choice of destroying buildings or using those 3 grenades on taking down a heavy.

Custom text for preparing high jump and using weighdown

3 different types of songs from Oddworld Abes Exoddus. Example of one:

Special thanks is in the config. Model, textures, and everything has been tested on my local ff2 server.
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/fyj2qe7yzy56g4s/New_%27n%27_Tasty_Boss_Abe.rar/file

xpRwTLV.jpg
Fixes: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ohljjbp6aeznzys/New_%27n%27_Tasty_Boss_Abe.rar/file
Rage damage is at 4000
added a bit more special thanks

DanishSoup

Contributor
Alright, this should be the last balance update before he comes out, I hope he does: http://www.mediafire.com/file/rx2cc6mgorketyg/v1.2_New_%27n%27_Tasty_Boss_Abe.rar/file

Nerfs: Sentry stun rage from 2000 to 1250. I felt like that 2000 distance was a little too far. Now its slightly larger than dooms sentry stun.
Rage damage gone a little higher to 4500. Looking at his hp and abilities, I wanted to make him not use his abilities a lot. Looked at other bosses configs to get an idea for this one so I think this should be fine.

Buffs: Swing speed from -50% to -33%. Now i saw in the config that it was already -33% but that wasn't intentional, it was ment to be -50%. Since hes requiring to be more closer and take more damage for his rage, he should have a buff for himself.

I also added one more track for his songs. I feel like this one is a nice fit and Its a song that has grown on me.