• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

massivepie

Unremarkable User
why is it that sometimes when i join a 'full' skial server it says 23/24 players or 31/32 players, but when when i actually get in the game, there is only like 9 real players and the rest are just bots and afk people?😠😡🤬 is this what you guys have been doing to make your servers appear large? is skials whole existence a lie?

its disappointing as hell joining with expectations of a full thriving server but being met with the disappointment of 20 people just sitting in spectator doing nothing taking up the slots, you should definitely remove this fake follower program or whatever you call it😭 🔗 🆙 📯

massivepie

Unremarkable User
Would you prefer an empty server? That's how servers fill with real players so fast in the morning or day. Nobody wants to join an empty server
its better than having a fake player count, just imagine joining a server that says 'full' hoping your gonna have a fun time with alot of players, but then realize only half the server is actually sentient if not less. and i think people will still join because when they see the player count, they will know its real people but that is just my opinion🤐

Bottiger

Administrator
This is a gross exaggeration of what actually happens. I tracked down your account and it looks like you're talking about the Saxton US server.

It would never show 31/32 players while having very few people in it.

We send afk players to the server in order to get it filled and it's limited to 20 players. The server doesn't fill up otherwise.

It has a hard time filling up now because of official mode and people trying to boycott the server. There have also been cases where everyone just leaves the server at the same time so the player count goes from 30 to 10 in an instant.

If you don't like I'd just suggest you to blacklist the server.

Last edited:

arctic dino

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Mapper
1693383664717.png

Both the server browser for Steam and TF2 will say if there's bots on the server.

Bottiger

Administrator
He's complaining about the AFKs sitting in spectator. For servers that are having a hard time filling up like VSH, there will be 10+ people sitting in spectator.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Invincible

Morety

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
I like how it's currently set up. I play a lot on Dustbowl, and during my lunch break I hop on and there's typically a few bots which actually help get the game going. Normally within about 10-20 minutes real players come along and boot the bots. Then it's game on.

nigiri emoji

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
I like how it's currently set up. I play a lot on Dustbowl, and during my lunch break I hop on and there's typically a few bots which actually help get the game going. Normally within about 10-20 minutes real players come along and boot the bots. Then it's game on.
Hi Mo :D

Same, I don't mind bots being there when it's like only 5 real players in the server + in the server browser there's a column that shows how many bots are in a server so isn't that a fair warning of bots?