• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Breeze

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Why is this being spammed on the server 30 times an hour ?

Beware of people pretending to be admin. Anyone can put Skial or Admin in their name. If you were kicked or muted, it was probably by vote.

Last edited:
Reactions: crubf

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
Too many brain dead morons on social media claming admins banned or silenced them for mundane shit when it was players voting them off or outright making stuff up

Breeze

unfortunately reddit has become a toxic pile of shit.
these assholes are prolly trying to cancel your server.
afaik they already pulled off the end of the report friendly rule, friendlies are now allowed and also the regulars are getting a beware of people. spam every 2 minutes.
Can we turn it off or display that 3 times a day instead or something ?, it doesn't do anything but annoy the regular players.
Those brain dead morons are going to keep doing what they are doing no matter what, best ignore them.

Last edited:

Bottiger

Administrator
Why is this being spammed on the server 30 times an hour ?

Beware of people pretending to be admin. Anyone can put Skial or Admin in their name. If you were kicked or muted, it was probably by vote.

This isn't being displayed any more frequently than the other messages. You think it is showing up more often than it really is because it is a new message and you've already tuned out the older ones.

And we can't just ignore it. We've ignored reddit for years and let these people spread lies about us for so long that any negative thing about us gets instantly upvoted and any positive thing instantly downvoted.

Every new user is being indoctrinated that skial is bad. This is already having an impact on our player counts by making it harder for us to fill new servers compared to other communities, and is probably hurting our core servers that you play on as well, though it is probably harder to notice.

Until we get more people defending us on reddit, this is the only other thing that makes sense to do.

Oosik

Contributor
There a way this message could be turned off via a menu or something?

Or a toggleable action? Would be nice to have something like this apply to other messages as well.

If not a consideration of condensing the message as it's a bit longer than the normal messages that show up.

Breeze

Oosik: in advanced options, you can turn off the text chat (2nd option)
you can't chat with others anymore, but are we really there to chat ?)
You can still use the microphone

Breeze

Bottiger said: ^

You think it is showing up more often than it really is
No, I actually timed it, it is every 2 minutes (30 times an hour)

How does spamming a message every 2 minutes help with reddit up or down votes ?
I don't understand, isn't that going to make things worse ?
Are the people spreading lies about skial even playing there (reading the message) ?

Well I guess I turn text chat off for now

Bottiger

Administrator
Bottiger said: ^

You think it is showing up more often than it really is
No, I actually timed it, it is every 2 minutes (30 times an hour)

How does spamming a message every 2 minutes help with reddit up or down votes ?
I don't understand, isn't that going to make things worse ?
Are the people spreading lies about skial even playing there (reading the message) ?

Well I guess I turn text chat off for now

What I mean is that you didn't complain about the older messages right? Because they were even more frequent.

The messages print every 30 seconds. And by adding the newest one, each one shows up every 2 minutes instead of every 1.5 minutes.

And it helps because it makes people aware that just having "skial" or "admin" in their name doesn't mean they are admin. Making as many people aware of this is better than doing nothing.

Even if they don't read the message, the hope is that someone like you will see it and downvote it.

Hedo Bot

Scarcely Lethal Noob
What I mean is that you didn't complain about the older messages right? Because they were even more frequent.

The messages print every 30 seconds. And by adding the newest one, each one shows up every 2 minutes instead of every 1.5 minutes.

And it helps because it makes people aware that just having "skial" or "admin" in their name doesn't mean they are admin. Making as many people aware of this is better than doing nothing.

Even if they don't read the message, the hope is that someone like you will see it and downvote it.
Are these servers so reliant on Reddit credibility(serious question)? Sure action may need to be taken but this overcorrection of spam messaging takes away from the gameplay. Whatever problems that are happening on Reddit should be dealt with direct action on Reddit. At the very least, the Fake Admin message should be condensed.

Reactions: Oosik

Xantam

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
Are these servers so reliant on Reddit credibility(serious question)? Sure action may need to be taken but this overcorrection of spam messaging takes away from the gameplay. Whatever problems that are happening on Reddit should be dealt with direct action on Reddit. At the very least, the Fake Admin message should be condensed.
Reddit has some kind of weird super power hold over people for some reason.

For some utterly bizarre reason, people would sometimes rather go to reddit to ask "is X community good?" rather than partake for a day to see.

It's unfortunate but I have seen reddit collapse communities before (inside and outside of TF2/other games). I have no idea how it got this hold, but it's quite the tool

Bottiger

Administrator
but this overcorrection of spam messaging takes away from the gameplay.
It doesn't though, the chat messages are happening at the exact same rate as before.

You are just noticing it now because you are used to ignoring the other messages. The same thing will happen with this one.

Are these servers so reliant on Reddit credibility(serious question)?

As I just mentioned, we are having a hard time filling new servers compared to other communities like casual probably due to this problem.

It would be a big mistake to think we will remain on the top when everyone on reddit constantly tells everyone skial is bad.

It is very easy to login every day and see servers like 2fort+ US is filled 12 hours a day and think that nothing could ever happen to it. But about 3-4 years ago we lost 100% of our payload players and it took years of effort to get it back to what it is today. Just ask people that were there like @PoomBa

Keeping the servers filled is a very important function that most people don't even realize is important and that we pour massive effort into. And reputation is part of that.

As long as we don't have people defending us there, we need to take measures to shut down their arguments. Just pretending this isn't happening is not good for us, and not good for the population of your favorite server.

Whatever problems that are happening on Reddit should be dealt with direct action on Reddit.

Someone tried to argue for us but they were massively downvoted, and the mods in the sub are friends with uncle dane, so they remove anti-uncletopia comments and leave anti-skial comments up. The most recent thread in reddit watch is an example.

Last edited:

Breeze

Do they ask for ransom too ?
Almost sound like you are being blackmailed by this, obviously corrupt and toxic group called reddit.
I don't have an account there and never will have.

Bottiger

Administrator
Do they ask for ransom too ?
Almost sound like you are being blackmailed by this, obviously corrupt and toxic group called reddit.
I don't have an account there and never will have.
No they don't ask for ransom. They are not a single group, it is maybe a few moderators of the subreddit and all the people we've banned over the years.

They want to see us die since they can't play on our servers and they want to fill other servers.

Some more examples in case you don't think this is a thing.