Italy*
Republic of Ireland
Croatia

group D:
Ukraine
Sweden
France* (although they suck)
England*

which countries do you think will make it through towards the next bracket? i put asterisks next to the teams i think will make it through.

i hope the final will be the netherlands against either germany or spain, although i could see germany vs spain happen before that.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Oh snap. Ukraine is in trouble.

The way I see it, the final will be Spain vs. Germany.

LOLfwappz

Positively Inhumane Poster
group A-Russia and Czech Rep.
group B-Holland and Germany
group C-Spain and Italy
group D-England and Sweden

LOLfwappz

Positively Inhumane Poster
Im going to put what I fully think the group stages results will be.

Group A
1-Russia
2-Czech Rep.
3-Greece
4-Poland
Group B
1-Germany
2-Holland
3-Portugal
4-Denmark
Group C
1-Spain
2-Italy
3-Croatia
4-Rep. of Ireland
Group D
1-England
2-Sweden
3-France
4-Ukraine

pr1mus da scr1pt

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
group B is coined the group of death.

i kind of the like the group though, germany and the netherlands have a friendly rivalry (i'll be cheering for germany if we don't make it through) and portugal and the netherlands have an unpleasant history in football.

either have one or two good groups, group A just doesn't really stand out.

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Ireland should qualify from that group, they are pretty solid, and Trapattoni knows how to play against Italy (1 win 2 draws so far against them since he's the coach).

§eñorλ Emiliλnλ

Uncharitable Spy
Ireland should qualify from that group, they are pretty solid, and Trapattoni knows how to play against Italy (1 win 2 draws so far against them since he's the coach).
I don't think that Ireland will qualify, maybe a draw versus Italy if they got a good day. But as a team, Italy's better.

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
But as a team, Italy's better.
Couldn't disagree more. As individuals, they are better, but if you look at their latest results and the way they play I don't think they are really contenders this year. Ireland on the other hand look really solid, just went 8 games without conceding a goal (including a 2-0 win against Italy) and generally have a good buzz around the team (unlike Italy).

But we'll see soon enough : )

§eñorλ Emiliλnλ

Uncharitable Spy
Couldn't disagree more. As individuals, they are better, but if you look at their latest results and the way they play I don't think they are really contenders this year. Ireland on the other hand look really solid, just went 8 games without conceding a goal (including a 2-0 win against Italy) and generally have a good buzz around the team (unlike Italy).

In my opinion, in a friendly match the best teams can lose versus any team, like Spain did versus Portugal (4-0); but in an EURO I think Italy plays better than Ireland and will pass to the next round. But I think that they won't get to semifinals

pr1mus da scr1pt

i haven't really paid attention to ireland, but i would grant them a chance alongside spain to get further, i still remember them getting cheated at the last qualifiers by the french. i do fear italy (whilst just like france, have really deteriorated in the shadow of their legacy) will be pulling off the win against them, i hope i'm wrong though.

and you have croatia, which is also a formidable opponent (i know ranks don't say much, but they're currently ranked 8th in the world; italy for comparison is currently at 13th).

pr1mus da scr1pt

What do you think who will be the winner?
In my opinion, my country, Spain. But I think Holland has a chance to be the winner
spain, germany and the netherlands are the big contenders for the title. i feel a final between germany and spain, with germany winning; but any of those three can win this thing. there are also teams like italy, england and croatia which just aren't up to par imo.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Spain already won all possible titles (to the best of my knowledge they are the current European and World champions). I feel like Germany got a pretty solid team.
My country (Ukraine) is not gonna win a single game. Guaranteed.

pr1mus da scr1pt

Spain already won all possible titles (to the best of my knowledge they are the current European and World champions). I feel like Germany got a pretty solid team.
My country (Ukraine) is not gonna win a single game. Guaranteed.
spain is the only team out of 'the big three' that has somehow deteriorated though, their star players are getting older (most of them range from 30 to 34), they'll be missing out on some of their better players (puyol being their stalwart defender, david villa who was their teams top scorer at the world cup is currently camping with a broken leg, and i doubt he will recover + get in form before del bosque announces his 23-man team).

i would definitely regard germany and the netherlands higher than spain at the moment, as they've improved (especially players from germany, where-as a lot of players from the dutch team are at their physical peak this year) whereas spain has suffered losses.