Zimri

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Hi guys,

First post on the boards so hopefully this is in the right place!

The last few days on the EU cp_orange_x3_skial server there have been players blatently using cheats, infact the player yesterday was even advertising the cheat obviously via a script but perhaps without their knowledge or any idea how to stop it.

Anyway, with the current reporting system it's almost impossible to get these players kicked from the server, nevermind just kicking them. Getting 90% of players to agree to a ban seems to be more or less impossible as the players on the team with the cheat aren't so inclined to vote yes when the option to report is given.

I'm just wondering if there is any chance the reporting system percentage could be lowered to say 80% or even 85%, or a better way to report cheats and get something actioned a bit quicker could be implemented?

Zim.

Dave the Manly

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Making a report via the forum with a demo of the accused player cheating will, unless you're mistaken, result in the player being permanently banned. A voteban will only last for 30 minutes, after which the hacker would be free to come back and continue hacking. This makes changing the required percentage pointless. Often times, after a report is sent via the !report system, the accused will leave before evidence can be gathered.
This is the most efficient way to deal with hackers. Do your part, and the servers will be a better place.

Also, just for future reference, this thread should have been in this section.
TMYK

Pinker-tan

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
If a report isn't passing or if you do not want the hacker to you know reported him, add one the administrators here. They would be glad to help you out with whatever you need

Zimri

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Apparently the board won't let me use the quote feature either now until i've posted this so...

Zimri

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Thanks for the replies guys, I guess i'll reply in order...

Making a report via the forum with a demo of the accused player cheating will, unless you're mistaken, result in the player being permanently banned. A voteban will only last for 30 minutes, after which the hacker would be free to come back and continue hacking. This makes changing the required percentage pointless. Often times, after a report is sent via the !report system, the accused will leave before evidence can be gathered.
This is the most efficient way to deal with hackers. Do your part, and the servers will be a better place.

Also, just for future reference, this thread should have been in this section.
TMYK

Error on my part for not recording a demo and posting here, but out of interest how quick is that going to be actioned by an admin? I suppose my general post was more related to getting something done quickly. Even if the ban was only for 30minutes, it's enough to get the person off the server and allow it to start filling back up with the usual players.

I'll try and record a demo in future and see what happens, as it goes after posting yesterday and returning to look at the server the player in question had left and the server was starting to slowly fill back up.

Nobody ever reads the tacked threads, ever.

This is perhaps something that only affects me, but when clicking the link from within the game to see who the admins are, I then cannot login to steam via that window, no idea why but there we go.

I guess it's related to it opening in a new steam browser window or something but i'll have to find a way around it and see if that helps. Presumably most of the admins can and will deal with issues on the servers no matter where they're located? (Thinking about the EU/US split)

Astir

Legendary Skial King
If you want immediate action to be taken by an admin, the fastest way is to add an admin in TF2 (or just online) from our steam group. Try to catch the steam ID and record a demo in the mean time. The demo will justify the ban, and the Steam ID helps us admins to work even faster (e.g. by getting his chat logs quicker). We do everything we can to keep our servers harmless, so don't hesitate contacting us.

Edit: also moved the thread to the suggestions sub-forum.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Your terminology is extremely confusing. Ban/Silence are in the votemenu and are not "reports." They just silence/ban the player. The report system is separate, type /report, choose the player's name, type a reason. Reports almost always pass if the reason is legit.

We can't change the vote thresholds, if you make them lower people abuse them, if you make them higher it's harder to get rid people that are breaking the rules. In it's current state, at least it's sometimes useful.