Bottiger

Administrator
SbRcYbY.jpg

pbjWaCt.jpg

We are currently testing a plugin that will let you equip any hat or weapon you want (as long as it is for the right class. You can setup 2 loadouts per class and they will carry over between reconnects and different servers.
Guide

To wear something you either need the name or the ID of the item. I recommend that you use the name. You can find names here:
Then you type !equip for a weapon or !wear for cosmetics. You don't have to type out the full name. You can't equip an item from the wrong class.
  • !equip
    • show a full list of weapons
  • !equip mangler
    • will equip a Cow Mangler 5000 if you are a soldier the next time you spawn.
  • !wear
    • show a full list of wearable items
  • !wear notch
    • will equip the Top Notch immediately.
  • !items
    • this will open the menu so you can remove or change items like paint or unusuals.
To remove the items, just type the same thing again. After you have an item made this way, you can open the !items menu which will allow you to modify your item with things like warpaints and unusuals.

vEbaDJT.jpg

You can pick 1 or 2 to show a full list of items you can equip. It might be tiring to scroll through all the pages though, so we recommend that you use !equip [item name] if you know the name or ID of your item.

You can only edit items that you have equipped through the !equip or !wear commands.

iAdfaoH.jpg

Select the item you want to edit.

vxJJAoB.jpg

Choose how you want to edit the item.

You can apply australium on every weapon but it will only make a few items golden. The warpaint, festivize, and styles options will only appear if the item supports it. You can find a list of warpaint weapons here:

https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Template:List_of_paintable_weapons

Frequently Asked Questions

Why is my weapon not appearing?

As mentioned, weapons will only show up once you respawn or touch a locker. They cannot be regenerated right away because people could switch weapons in the middle of battle.

I typed !equip australium frying pan and it didn't work.

You need to type !equip frying pan and then type !LL to add australium to it. Or you can just type !equip golden fry to equip the golden frying pan.

Why does !LL not show any weapons or wearables?

Only items you !equip or !wear will show up there.

Why are some warpaints missing?

Some warpaints are not actually paints but unique weapons.
To get these weapons use !equip. Example: !equip tartan.
You can't apply warpaints on these weapons.

I have a shotgun but I can't warpaint it?

You may have equipped an old shotgun that doesn't support warpaints. Only shotgun 199 supports warpaints. Any other ones do not. Typing !equip shotgun should give you shotgun 199.

All the other basic weapons have the same problem. The old versions and old gun mettle versions do not support warpaints.

Some festivized versions also do not support warpaints.

Why can't I equip Quickiebomb Launcher or Iron Bomber?

It crashes the server.

I made my weapon australium, why is it not golden?

Most weapons don't have golden skins. But they can still turn people to golden statues.

Last edited:

Bottiger

Administrator
this is legal?

I believe it is now. I understand some people may have questions about it. But it seems like this is allowed on community servers now. There are multiple reasons why I believe it is safe for us to use this now.
  1. There is a gigantic server farm called Wonderland with over 200 servers which has been exploiting this for years (internetarchive.org) (archive.is). It is also used on a top server called "Otaku Gaming". I have been told by Blackwonder that they have reported them to Valve but nothing has been done about it.
  2. I sent multiple emails to Eric Smith and John Schoenick (the 2 Valve employees that post emails about TF2 on hlds_announce) asking about this, and have not received any reply for over 2 months.
  3. Someone part of the Sourcemod leadership told people in public how to do it. And it seems like a lot of people know about it already.
  4. The method is very easy and seems to have been added in later. There is a high chance someone at Valve may have added it in to allow communities to do it.
  5. The only written rule against doing this only appears here https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2825-AFGJ-3513 but it only refers to Quickplay. But quickplay does not exist anymore.
If you are afraid of using this, don't be. Valve has never banned players for using this.

If Valve wants us to stop using this, they can respond to my emails and I will comply, though I'm going to be annoyed that they only talk to me after I spent A LOT of time on this plugin.

Last edited:

RenZ

Face-Melting F2Per
Contributor
Will this be behind donator or will it be purchasable in the ingame skial store?

Also, will it be possible to port this to the Trade server? I know it will confuse people if you actually have something or not, but we already have the !hat command that basically gives unusual effects to hats. I already have to tell people I don't have a sunbeams gibus.

Last edited:

Bottiger

Administrator
Nothing will be required to use the command. As I said we are planning to put it on every server. It is only on idle for now to make sure there are no major issues so we need people to test it.

We will be trying to figure out how to add warpaint, festivizer, and australium.

RenZ

Face-Melting F2Per
Contributor
Thanks! Whatever you do, keep running your amazing severs you got here.

Naleksuh

Scarcely Lethal Noob
couple of questions

1) unusuals?
2) taunts?
3) open source?
4) viewmodels?
5) why 3 and not 4?

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
couple of questions

1) unusuals?
2) taunts?
3) open source?
4) viewmodels?
5) why 3 and not 4?
1) If you tested the plugin yourself you'd know the answer yourself
2) If you would kindly pay attention, Skial already has a plugin for taunts
3) That's entirely at Bottiger's discretion
4) Highly Impractical
5) Why 4?

Bottiger

Administrator
dude i was just asking a question no need to be jerk

If you read the very short post you would see that unusuals are already available.

Plugins like this don't help very much if every community has it and would probably force Valve to take action. So making this open source seems like a bad idea to me.

Its kind of annoying having someone that barely played on our servers keep on asking for private plugins. It is already 50 kb and getting longer and requires a mongodb and web server setup. It is not something that can be easily open sourced even if I wanted to.

I also feel like I've contributed more than our fair share of open source plugins to the public.

Crash.ca

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
Sounds like a great idea to be honest, generate the interest back into the game, and people love shiny and new ideas.

TapTap

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Pretty nice.

Hopefully this will bridge the gap with other communities who love to spam plugins like this just to vacuum players.

It's a good addition nevertheless. Maybe make it a requirement to join the steamgroup or login here or something?

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
If the majority of community servers have all cosmetics available will this devalue real items?

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
If you create 9194184194190410 monopoly ticket does dollar will lose value ?
Monopoly tickets would lose their value.
When you lessen demand, i.e not so many people need to buy an unusual, the market for them shrinks, therefore doesn't it follow that the price shrinks?

Bottiger

Administrator
Community servers don't service the majority of players now, we are a minority. That's probably why Valve isn't responding to my emails about this and let those communities get away with doing this for years. The player base is too small for them to care about anymore.

It is my belief that we lost a significant amount of players due to other server groups using these kinds of plugins and I hope we can get them back by having an even better version.

Bottiger

Administrator
The plugin has now been updated to support every cosmetic feature that I know is possible to support (except killstreaks which is already handled by our killstreak plugin).

All item styles, australium, festivizer, warpaints, are now available. The plugin has also been activated on the trade server.