Bottiger

Administrator
132207814373.png

Earn prizes for playing on our stock servers.
  • 1st - $20
  • 2nd - $10
  • Two $15 prizes will be randomly given to 2 people in the top 100. The 1st and 2nd place winners also qualify.
The contest will last for 1 week starting today at
  • 5 AM GMT
  • 12 AM EST
  • 9 PM PST
To qualify, you must associate your steam account and add your Paypal email here on the forums by the end of the contest. If you do not have a Paypal account it is easy to make one. If you are in the US you can make a Canadian account which will let you send money without verifying your account. You do not need a credit card or bank account.

To add a Paypal account, click on the following link while signed in.

http://www.skial.com/account/contact-details

You will be taken to a page where you may insert a Paypal account.

paypal.png

You may see how many points you have for the week by clicking on the links below. Points will be reset when the contest starts and it will stop counting when the contest ends. Depending on how successful the contest is, there may be more in the future with bigger prizes.

http://www.skial.com/api/activity-contest.php
http://www.skial.com/api/activity-contest.php?id=your_community_or_steamid_here

How to get the most activity points
  • You will get the most points for seeding a server. Read our seeding guide for when and where to seed.
  • Stay on the server when the population temporarily drops and get points for every bot you kill.
  • You will get more points for every player there is so you do not have to leave every time someone joins the server. You will also get 25% of their play time if the server has less than 15 players.
  • Don't leave when the players go over 14 either, you will get more and more points the longer those players play.
  • Just play. You will get points for every minute played as long as you stay longer than 15 minutes.
  • The best way to win this contest is to form a group of friends and have them play with you when the servers are empty. You can agree to share some of the reward with them.
How points are calculated
  • 1 point for every minute of play time (not spectating) if you have over 15 minutes. This is updated upon disconnect.
  • 1 point for every bot you kill times the number of non-spectating players on the server.
  • 75% of the points for each bot assist.
  • Get 25% of the playtime points for each player that joined after you (except after a map reload) and connected when the server had less than 15 players. Points are given when you leave, or if you are not spectating when they leave.
  • If the server crashes, the points sent on disconnect will not get sent. However you will get points if your client crashes.

(cYs) Del Piero

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
... SERIOUSLY?
Yes. I tried some of different PayPals a while ago. Italian PayPal works good. I had German PayPal before and it really sucked. I also made a Canadian PayPal and the limits are well not so great and every PayPal supports English as language.

Bacon Master

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
Whatevs I don't have a PayPal and don't need to make one. Don't have that much money to put in there anyway

(cYs) Del Piero

Contributor
Whatevs I don't have a PayPal and don't need to make one. Don't have that much money to put in there anyway
You need it to receive money in case you win. PayPal doesn't requiere you to put money into your account.

Bottiger

Administrator

It is very easy to make one, and if you win the contest you will get money to put in there so you can buy games from Steam or whatever else you want.

(cYs) Del Piero

Contributor
saw bot & remember'd why i quit playing on skial in the first place.
not sure why playing with bots is even fun to some people.
You clearly miss the point of this. If a server is always empty (and has no bots on it) then nobody will join. The probability that someone joins is higher if the server has bots on. If more people join the bots leave automatically.
What way would you suggest for seeding servers? This is definitely a good way to do it.

Dr.SteveBrule

Epic Skial Regular
Thanks for stopping by. Hopefully it will help the goldrush server. I will be increasing the prizes next week and allowing people to unlock Server benefits depending on how well it works out.
So like donator status or like those premium servers.