SkialLife

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Suggestion is to revert Respawn times and match time lengths to defaults on Community Servers . (Specifically 24/7 Dustbowl US)

I.E: Remove the respawn timers and increase match length (Default Settings)

Reason: I remember when they added the Red Team 20 second respawn timer to try and balance gameplay . this wasn't a bad idea 7~8 years ago or so when it was added considering how competitive Skial was back then and how overpowered many weapons/classes were (Beggars Bazooka pre-nerf etc) but this actually isn't a classic/vanilla thing and Red team is very nerfed at this point , and the matches are too short.

at least wanted to bring discussion on this and possibly a poll

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
I just dont understand the little respect there is for casual players who use the server daily, and all donate get. It was tried, almost nobody liked the change. Community's die quick online.
Implying Skial is going to die because of one change made to one server. This isn't the first time people have bitched about a change and threatened it would kill our community. Surprisingly, our community is still standing. That said, if enough people complain he'll do something eventually

Beardo

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
Implying Skial is going to die because of one change made to one server. This isn't the first time people have bitched about a change and threatened it would kill our community. Surprisingly, our community is still standing. That said, if enough people complain he'll do something eventually
The Skial community wont die (probably never will hopefully, its a great place), I was just talking about the smaller community of that one single server. The changes just split it up, kinda ruins it. I'm sure the server will be changed back sometime, because atm its not balanced, and its not fun to play on. Bottiger knows how to run a good server, and I'm sure in the end it will be back to normal, what everybody enjoys or at least close to where it was.

Metroidz

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I just dont understand the little respect there is for casual players who use the server daily, and all donate get. It was tried, almost nobody liked the change. Community's die quick online.

Communities like Skial don't win either way they do it. They always will have one faction complaining about the other. Skial changes it and there will be threads saying "Make Dustbowl Instant Respawn I hate it like it is now!"

Current generation of tf2 players are just a bunch of whiners. I played on Skial for years and didn't complain about fuckall. I just played the damn game.

Metroidz

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Btw I wasn't trying to insult you I'm just sick of EVERYONE coming to make changes they want every day based on THEM not having fun. I play different games where I go 0 and 9 and I'm a massive dead weight on my team and I still have fun.

Flandre

Gore-Spattered Heavy
The dustbowl server is type of Causal with free items and our community is going to be DEAD or maybe idk. I enjoy the dustbowl server all time.

Beardo

Contributor
Communities like Skial don't win either way they do it. They always will have one faction complaining about the other. Skial changes it and there will be threads saying "Make Dustbowl Instant Respawn I hate it like it is now!"

Current generation of tf2 players are just a bunch of whiners. I played on Skial for years and didn't complain about fuckall. I just played the damn game.
Its one person who asked for the change. Have only seen one here or there who said they don't care either way. All of the others? Hate the change. So yes, one side does lose, the other one idiot wins, and quits using the server anyway. It's backwards. At least read the post, and try out the server before trying to comment about it. I'm on there a lot on this account or one of my alts. I've heard the consensus of what people want. It's the way the server has been for months and months, not what they changed it to.

Not current either, i've used skial since 2012 or so.

Last edited:

Beardo

Contributor
Btw I wasn't trying to insult you I'm just sick of EVERYONE coming to make changes they want every day based on THEM not having fun. I play different games where I go 0 and 9 and I'm a massive dead weight on my team and I still have fun.
Its not about ME having fun, its a LARGE majority not having FUN, or enjoying themselves anymore (probably 80+%). If it was only me, I wouldn't put in any effort to change it back. I would just find a new server and leave. At least somebody has a voice outside of just on the server its self. Not to mention its not the only reason for wanting it reverted. Its not balanced. It was balanced before any of these changes were made.

Metroidz

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Just keep making more bad suggestions and complaints tf2 players. I need to hit that 5k dumbs.

Metroidz

Australian Skial God
Contributor
The OP suggest the server have instant respawn. Bottiger declined it, then decided to try it anyway.

The people you see here complaining are AGAINST the instant respawn

Probably should have made a new suggestion instead of making it a mess here then.