• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

ironliondoor

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
I think the unusual I just bought is duped..... Will it be removed? What do I do?!??! I don't want all my 4-5 months of hard trading to go down the drain just like that :S

(cYs) Del Piero

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
If you think it's duped why did you not check it before you bought it? Makes more sense then checking it after you bought it..

Steak

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
instead of being helpful/useful del choose the path of the useless comment... cant change the past can only help the future

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
If your item gets deleted (which I doubt), you'll get the items you traded for it restored.

Xel'Naga

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Valve never deletes duped items, because they know that doing so will seriously harm the person who bought it legitimately.

Your dupe isn't going anywhere. And you had no idea that it was duped (if it was even actually duped, at all - I tried to check the hat's trade history but TF2Items isn't loading that hat for some reason), so nobody's going to hate you for it. As long as you're not the one duping items, nobody really cares about the dupe. Unfortunately, it's become so common that it's laughable.