Jack Moloney

Scarcely Lethal Noob
The Easter Bunny Demoman is very powerful right now due to one mechanic that he has: Crit eggs.

Currently, all hales do 202 damage with their basic melee attack, which is balanced as it allows tank oriented classes/builds to prosper while also giving the medium classes a chance for survival by getting overhealed (pyro, soldier, gunslinger engineer, demoman, etc). The bunny though? He doesn't give a fuck. If he picks up one of his own shitty plastic eggs, his melee will turn from the fair and balanced 202 damage all the way up to the MAXIMUM ASS SHREDDING 606. Not even a fully overhealed dalokohs heavy can survive this one. And the worst part about this? He swings that shit faster than a raging alcoholic on a Monday. Right after the happy hour ends.

This isn't the end of the issue though, as the crits have another use in his kit: His rage! Usually, it takes a couple of his IED anal bead explosions to kill you even as a light class but if he picks up an egg AND THEN rages, well god forbid if you're in his range as you'll have to experience a virtual Hiroshima with blue neon lighting.

Please make it so that his eggs don't crit boost at all and give another benefit or don't crit boost only the boss. It's a fun mechanic to have guaranteed crits for a few seconds as a red player, but its completely ridiculous for a boss to have it.

Feral Angel

Contributor
That is the point of his eggs. Rage eggs spew out of him and hurt you. Now if he picks up the egg after a kill and rages, it’s a scary moment. The egg damage on player was increased though, I honestly don’t see a problem with him. Going against him with his rage is fun IMO. However , it’s how you feel about it.

Jack Moloney

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I think you may have misunderstood what I was mentioning when I said crit eggs. What I meant were the eggs that drop upon player kill, not the eggs that spew out during his rage. If I'm wrong ignore this post.

His base rage is fun, I have no problem with it. The only things that I have a problem is his crit eggs and how many things they invalidate. He gains the capability to one shot fully overhealed heavies, deadringer/invisible spies (even if fully healed with the kunai), and medium classes that have been overhealed over the 202 threshold and more. The bunny basically turns into a miniature Saitama fight for 5 seconds whenever he picks up an egg, which is pretty unfun to fight against especially because he spawns a LOT of them on player kill. And yeah, whenever he picks up an egg and rages on a map such as cinema it becomes a pure shit show.

mub

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
All Hales that aren't Saxton are intended to be sidegrades with checks and balances that make them unique to play and to fight.
Easter Bunny excels at CQC but performs far poorer outside that since his stun radius is far smaller and his dmg eggs can be mitigated via airblast, short circuit, moving out of the way, etc.
Furthermore, RED being able to pick up those crit eggs allows RED to store and deal massive damage via sticky traps, heavies, etc. that normally require uber to maintain.

As a result, he is on the weaker side of our Hales overall, currently.
He shines best on small, heavily RED-sided maps such as Cinema and Military Area.
On these maps where Hale would normally be at a large disadvantage, Bunny's niche stands a great chance on these maps. This is intentional.

There's no objective need for a nerf for him.
Personally, I like fighting him, too.

P.S. All Hale melee swing speeds are identical.

Last edited:

Jack Moloney

Scarcely Lethal Noob
All Hales that aren't Saxton are intended to be sidegrades with checks and balances that make them unique to play and to fight.
Easter Bunny excels at CQC but performs far poorer outside that since his stun radius is far smaller and his dmg eggs can be mitigated via airblast, short circuit, moving out of the way, etc.
Furthermore, RED being able to pick up those crit eggs allows RED to store and deal massive damage via sticky traps, heavies, etc. that normally require uber to maintain.

As a result, he is on the weaker side of our Hales overall, currently.
He shines best on small, heavily RED-sided maps such as Cinema and Military Area.
On these maps where Hale would normally be at a large disadvantage, Bunny's niche stands a great chance on these maps. This is intentional.

There's no objective need for a nerf for him.
Personally, I like fighting him, too.

P.S. All Hale melee swing speeds are identical.

I'm aware that Easter Bunny was created to be a CQC monster, but it's just really unfun fighting his 606 damage melee swing that kills anything that isn't ubered. Also, you can't mitigate the eggs if you are stunned.