• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Morshu

Truly Feared Pyro
A suggestion to bring this map back was posted some weeks ago, but it was declined due to the map not being popoular enough to stay in the rotation. Though I think saying it wasn't popoular is a bit superficial, because there are more than just one deathrun server and it has been proven in other threads that tastes on maps can vary depending on the server. For example, I play only in the first EU server and the map was generally well-received there. So what I'd like to know is if there is a detailed chart that shows maps' popoularity, judging from how many times they get picked by the players (the results might vary in another servers) and if it could possibly be added in just some deathrun servers.

PolesXD

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
Imagine removing a map because a few shit players cant jump over a simple jump and leave a shitty ass easy version LOOOOOL

Gamer4605

Banned
Bottiger looks at map popularity in other servers, not just skial. This is why some maps that are never played remain in rotation yet pirate adventure didn’t as it started to lose popularity in other servers.

Bottiger

Administrator
Bottiger looks at map popularity in other servers, not just skial. This is why some maps that are never played remain in rotation yet pirate adventure didn’t as it started to lose popularity in other servers.

As you say we look at the popularity of the map on all servers, not just 1 server.

If the map was popular on our servers but not on other communities, we wouldn't remove it. We detect map popularity by players x hours. If empty servers ran the map, it wouldn't lower this number.

dr_pirate_adventure used to be more popular than the baby version. In fact when I added it, a lot of people complained it was too hard and wanted it removed and I kept saying no.

https://www.skial.com/threads/remove-dr_pirate_adventure_fix.67036/

https://www.skial.com/threads/replace-dr_baby_pirate_adventure-with-the-new-one.64884/

But now it seems like the situation is reversed now for whatever reason.

Last edited:

Skull1

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Master Mapper
dr_pirate_adventure was the old version of dr_baby_pirate_adventure according to gamebanana. Since dr_baby_adventure is now the only public version lot's of communities prefer the dr_baby_pirate_adventure.