caya1

Mildly Menacing Medic
Not sure if this is the link to map download, but here: https://tsarvar.com/en/maps/team-fortress-2/dr_minigames_b2

The reason is because the "fixed" version is not nearly as fun as the previous version. The "fixed" version basically makes it so the red team cannot shoot hale's traps/buttons. I understand why this was fixed, to make it so hales can activate traps like every other deathrun map. However this comes at the expense of everyone else's fun. Shooting hale at the beginning is very fun. And shooting his traps makes certain minigames, like the one where the pillars come out and you have to run to the end, way more fun. In addition, the "fixed" version broke the rolling barrels minigame, so hale can't even activate the buttons in that minigame too.

I think everyone would agree to revert to previous version. The map has noticeably become picked less after the "fix".

Bottiger

Administrator
I really don't think the map was played just because the red team could shoot the trap buttons.

If you have a problem with some buttons, take a screenshot and type getpos in the console and paste the locations. The mapper sealed all the buttons.

Lord Zuko

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
the only reason the map was picked before the fix was such that red could kill hale (and if they failed in doing so, proceed to shoot the buttons to make the course harder/easier for their teammates).

if thats the only reason a map is picked, then its not a very good reason.

Reactions: Iris Ⓐ