Wind The Fool

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
In Deathrun, mainly in dr_office_skial, Pyros mainly use the Axtinguisher, as well as its reskin, to kill hale within the pit without issue. I personally believe this unfair. While the weapon itself is powerful and it is indeed risky to pull off the maneuver, its power is completely unchecked.
The fire damage combo isn't affected by Hale's resistance. This hale to take up to 170+ damage. Effectively, killing him almost instantly. It only takes two hits to kill him and/or knock him to >10 HP.
I know this combo has been used for the past year or so, but I personally believe it's overpowered. This isn't because of how as a hale I find it annoying, it's because dr_office_skial becomes a map of just waiting for Hale to show up in the pit or activate the Force-of-Nature trap.
I'd say to remove that map entirely or adjust the secrets, but I figure my suggestion won't be taken seriously. This is the best option for those who like the map. In the event the weapon isn't removed, it should be tweaked to be nerfed in some way.

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
Its dumb how that one trap allows runners to get in Hale's side of the map, asked the mapper behind it multiple times to change that but to no avail.

Wind The Fool

People can still taunt-kill with sniper tho
That may be the case, but that's easily dodged compared to the combo. Let alone Pyro can airblast to dodge Hale's attacks.
EDIT: It's mainy Hale's fault to walk into a sniper's taunt kill or not pay attention. Let alone it's stupid that the map creator put a secret to get to Hale's side, like Jerma said.

sunstep

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
-1 on non vsh servers spies can literally backstab the death so this isn't even that bad because it's a combo and needs 2 hits

Wind The Fool

-1 on non vsh servers spies can literally backstab the death so this isn't even that bad because it's a combo and needs 2 hits
Spitting facts like always my dutch friend
I say -1 too
Lets compare:
A backstab doesn't do 100+ damage and can be avoided if hale pays attention. Let alone the spy has no viable way to dodge death besides cloak, and even that's flawed in DR.
A combo cannot be avoided when pyros actively airblast hale away while doing so, god forbid they knock the hale into the air. It does over 100 damage and is practically unavoidable because of this.

sunstep

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
i said on non vsh servers, on non vsh servers it does more than 500 damage. i mean that on some servers activators are having it worse than here on skial so why would they do anything about it, it's also the only way to defeat him or the server must have atleast 20 players in it

Wind The Fool

i said on non vsh servers, on non vsh servers it does more than 500 damage. i mean that on some servers activators are having it worse than here on skial so why would they do anything about it, it's also the only way to defeat him or the server must have atleast 20 players in it

In the US and EU servers there are 20+ people almost constantly. Personally I'd prefer not to have some pyro come up in dr_office and wreck me almost immediately.

MoonCancer

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
In the US and EU servers there are 20+ people almost constantly. Personally I'd prefer not to have some pyro come up in dr_office and wreck me almost immediately.

You could just not open the door lol. Better yet don't activate the pit trap at all.

MoonCancer

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
Or the FaN trap since you know clearly know some players are aware of the secret behind it. Its nearly as redundant as the pit trap as more people find out you can avoid getting killed by the water by holding space.

Hiiglane

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
I think an actual fix would be good rather than "Now the first trap on office is useless and fight minigames are subject to instant loss due to pyros" , its no surprise that Office has only been so popular lately because of the axe combo, that and this isn't an office only issue. Maps like dr_donald trump's fight become pretty lame because a pyro can instantly end hale.

Office is a map designed for players to get into hale's area and bug him, thats why the map added that compatability. Older versions had a wall that kept Red out of Blu's side. Removing it entirely would remove the biggest appeal of office. Fixing the axtinguisher damage cuz its obviously bugged would be a great way of keeping office in tact and ensuring people are picking it to play it. That and fixing other maps w/ fight minigames like Waterrun.

Last edited: