Pinker-tan

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Couldnt find any threads with this topic so yeah
I personally like dota 2 better because you don't have to buy heroes, and because it's made by valve which makes your in-game name change with your steam name, and it updates automatically

Both are good games in my opinion, I just want to see what you guys think which one is better

I'll update the op with flaws from both games when I get home

I understand this is in the dotA 2 section so It may be more biased.

HowIMetYourMother

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I hate lol because all of my friends at school talk about it 24/7, so i don't have to play it to complain about it. I'd like to get into dota but meh... maybe someday if i understand how it works

Stitch/Glue

Face-Melting F2Per
Contributor
I could never get into either of them. For awhile I played LoL, I even bought a hero once, but I haven't played the game in months now and I don't think I'm ever going to play it again. I couldn't even figure out how to play Dota 2 so I just stopped trying and uninstalled it.

(-TG-)SvenPhantom

Server-Clearing Cynic
Dota 2, LoL is for softies that don't want to actually want to do strategies and pick random imba heros you have to buy in order to win. :p

Astir

Legendary Skial King
I hate lol because all of my friends at school talk about it 24/7, so i don't have to play it to complain about it. I'd like to get into dota but meh... maybe someday if i understand how it works
And the rest talks about TF2.
:p

EDIT: neither have I ever played both of them.

Chief of Bears

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Couldnt find any threads with this topic so yeah
I personally like dota 2 better because you don't have to buy heroes, and because it's made by valve which makes your in-game name change with your steam name, and it updates automatically

Both are good games in my opinion, I just want to see what you guys think which one is better

I'll update the op with flaws from both games when I get home

I understand this is in the dotA 2 section so It may be more biased.
For me having all heroes available only entertained me until I tried them all and was able to be proficient with almost all. In League I feel like I have more to do. The whole buying champs thing actually is a part of the charm to me. I get to be rewarded for learning one champion and winning matches to get another one. Then there is acquiring runes and managing masteries which change gameplay more. The only thing you really buy with money are skins and champions if one is truly impatient. Dota 2 was fun because of the lack of meta, it wasn't as firm when it came to what one can do in game and there was more possibilities.

TL DR Dota 2 gave more to do in short term, League gave more to do long term for me.

EvanFlew

Epic Skial Regular
My friends talk about wow and some stupid bad rpgs made by poor chinese companies and rarely speak something about actual gaems

๖ۣۜZaldarius

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Dota 2 has cosmetic items, LoL can't compete with that.
in before riot skins and custom .DDS skins?
anyways, it depends on your skill level with MOBA's League is much much more suited to softies and MOBA noobs, with easier to grasp mechanics and gameplay, while limiting your early champion pool to a certain select few.
Whereas with DOTA2, you are kind of thrust into it with no explanations whatsoever, and the mechanics are much more ruthless, such as creep denial, build strategies, hard counterpicks, gold loss on death, and even the importance of last hits

Enigma

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
Dota 2 because it requires much more skill and you can't take towers in less than 10 seconds.

๖ۣۜZaldarius

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Dota 2 because it requires much more skill and you can't take towers in less than 10 seconds.
Yeah, but if someone is new to the genre, their first game of dota 2 is comprable to being bitch slapped whereas league if much more gentle. but its still in beta, it'll probably be cleaned up more before it goes live.