ModSe7en

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Post your weird new ward spots, obscure console commands, autoexec magic, and everything else that might be useful. Put -console in launch options to use console in game.

dota_camera_distance 1700 (note: at around 2000 the world starts glitching)
EDIT: I'm noticing random deadzones where I can't click when it's zoomed out this far. Default value is 1134.

How to make the camera act like WC3 Dota

Last edited:

Lord Scrambles

Face-Melting F2Per
Post your weird new ward spots, obscure console commands, autoexec magic, and everything else that might be useful. Put -console in launch options to use console in game.

dota_camera_distance 1700 (note: at around 2000 the world starts glitching)
How to make the camera act like WC3 Dota

Will this make it so the camera doesn't snap to the fountain when I respawn? If not, is there anything that I can do that will stop that from happening? I personally find the fountain snapping to be VERY annoying.

bunnyf00d

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Will this make it so the camera doesn't snap to the fountain when I respawn? If not, is there anything that I can do that will stop that from happening? I personally find the fountain snapping to be VERY annoying.
dota_reset_camera_on_spawn "0" in console

EDIT: I used to have a txt of useful console commands and I think I have a good config saved, I'll look!

EDIT 2: I couldn't find my config but there is a generator at this site. Pretty straight forward. I didn't study ALL of the commands so here are some resources/commands/configs/etc that I use often when playing.

learn to ward

makes pings last longer on your map:
dota_minimap_ping_duration "7"
dota_minimap_ping_tag_duration "10"

make hero icons bigger
dota_minimap_hero_size "800"

display an indicator around your hero for range
dota_range_display "1200"

delay map clicks to avoid misclicking on the minimap
dota_minimap_misclick_time "3"

Last edited: