Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
When you are in ban appeal the top bar says don't contribute to threads unless you have evidence to offer. I know the ratings mean nothing to just about anyone who REGULARLY uses the forum, but I do notice that anyone who appeals whether they are right or wrong gets a bunch of dumb ratings.

As someone who only started regularly playing on skial/posting on forums after an admin abused his power on me, and I appealed, I felt welcome to continue posting/continue playing on the servers based on the help I was provided. I am not sure if I would have stuck around if I got a bunch of troll/dumb ratings for simply defending myself as a completely new forum user.

I just don't see the value in it other than to potentially bait someone who is already upset into screwing up their appeal (if it's legitimate of course).

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
in a perfect world, this could be applied to only New appeals, so that if it gets denied the Dumbs can come flying in
but I'm assuming that ratings are enabled/disabled on a by-section basis, rather than a by-prefix basis

I'll give a +1

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
in a perfect world, this could be applied to only New appeals, so that if it gets denied the Dumbs can come flying in
but I'm assuming that ratings are enabled/disabled on a by-section basis, rather than a by-prefix basis

I'll give a +1

Yeah, I mean my whole thing is you don't want people shitposting and messing up the appeals, them spamming dumb ratings on every single person who appeals seems to just go against the spirit of the rule.

• Dumb
Reactions: Gamer4605

Biggie

Forum Admin
Contributor
+1, It should definitely help clean up the off topic comments about ratings and the moderation that goes with it

• Dumb

Node

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
++1
Can't agree more, and it's always the same people doing it.

To add to this, I think all reacts other than "like" should be disabled for the entire support section. We don't need "troll" or "dumb" ratings on someone making a map suggestion just because they don't like that map or someone rating "dumb" on a report on their friend

Last edited:
  • Dumb

Zeke Aileron

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
To add to this, I think all reacts other than "like" should be disabled for the entire support section. We don't need "troll" or "dumb" ratings on someone making a map suggestion just because they don't like that map or someone rating "dumb" on a report on their friend
I'm going to say a big No on this since there's some really dumb suggestions that should just never be suggested to begin with.

Also with the OP post, i like it, if the appeal gets tagged invalid than yeah dumb/troll ratings should be allowed on it, and if it's pardoned/resolved, dumb/troll ratings should be wiped from the original post.

• Dumb

Metroidz

Australian Skial God
Contributor
62d.gif

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
++1
Can't agree more, and it's always the same people doing it.

I'd rather that debate happen in a new thread so we can keep it focused on the current one. I'm against that though. I just don't like people using ratings to bait upset people and that is what most people will be when they find they are banned from one of the only communities left in tf2 fairly or unfairly.

Reactions: Zeke Aileron