::Egan::

Mildly Menacing Medic
Hi there, I don't play on the servers super often, but am willing to pay more than the max option of donation to get permanent donator status on the servers. This way when I do arrive again (potentially in several weeks) it is still valuable for me - or even in a year from now!

300 days is currently $50. If the lifetime donator was $100-150, I'd be okay with that.

What are your thoughts on adding such an option as this?

Mr Invincible

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
i agree with permanent donator there but i think the price if bottiger decides to do it should be betwwen $80-$100 so yeah i would love that. +1 to this post man

• Dumb
Reactions: Sore

Bottiger

Administrator
This will never happen. It doesn't make sense for us to give people permanent benefits for something that costs us money every month to maintain.

Other communities do it because they don't expect to be running for more than a couple of years.

arthurmorganxd

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Contributor
Question; I donated earlier and am a little curious, is there any notification on the profile or do I need to provide evidence of payment?
thanks

Xerʘ

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
Who in their right mind would do something that would net them less money? lol

::Egan::

Mildly Menacing Medic
Who in their right mind would do something that would net them less money? lol

Well, I don't expect to play extremely often, I'm busy most days, but I'd like to show off donator benefits the next few times I'm on. If I purchase like '30 days of benefits' , likely i'm only going to get 5 hours of those 30 days, because of how busy I get. So in this case, I will not buy any benefits at all. I have the money to spend $100 - if there was a "still good in 3 years" option even I'd be more okay with that. The current limit is just 300 days though.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Well, I don't expect to play extremely often, I'm busy most days, but I'd like to show off donator benefits the next few times I'm on. If I purchase like '30 days of benefits' , likely i'm only going to get 5 hours of those 30 days, because of how busy I get. So in this case, I will not buy any benefits at all. I have the money to spend $100 - if there was a "still good in 3 years" option even I'd be more okay with that. The current limit is just 300 days though.
Just get 300 days then.... in a years time you can make the choice again, and you've only shelled out $50.

Bottiger

Administrator

You can enter a custom amount, it isn't limited to $50.

Also if you are very busy, $5/month should be a minuscule amount of money for you. Think about how much you'd pay for a cup of coffee or a movie that lasts 2 hours.

It just doesn't make much sense to me to change our donation system so that people that have the most money get their money's worth down to the hour.

Last edited: