• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

TOExHEAD

Unremarkable User
This usually only happens on 32 player servers when they are full, so I assume I was being kicked for a reserved slot. I rejoined 4 times and each time it happened within 3 or so minutes of rejoining.

TOExHEAD

Unremarkable User
I should of mentioned I did read that, but it is unlikely that any of those reasons apply to me.
  • Server is full. (yes the server was full, but I was actively in the server when I get (client disconnect)
  • You are banned. ( I am not banned)
  • You are using a VPN or cloud gaming like Geforce Now. (I do sometimes forget my VPN is on, but the server will tell me and I immediately leave and turn it off and reconnect. I have never used geforce now)
  • You have a 1 letter name or have unusual symbols used by hackers to avoid being reported. (I don't have any unusual characters in my name)
  • The server is updating/updated. (It didn't, cause only I was "client disconnected")
  • You spammed a bind. (The only possible "bind spam" could be me pressing wasd to move around, but I reconnected and tested this and it would not "client disconnect me" no matter how fast I pressed wasd)
  • Your internet connection has issues. (Again this almost exclusively happens to me on the 32 player servers when they are full and I am currently actively playing on them. I could elaborate further on why this reason is unlikely such as at the moment of disconnection I am often in an active engagement with no signs of connection issues.)

• Dumb
Reactions: porkchop

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
did you read the part at the beginning? that part that said:
Due to cheat bots on casual server being able to change disconnect messages to whatever they want, Valve has changed all disconnect messages to always say (Client Disconnect).

This means we cannot provide you with the real reason for your disconnection.

Valve has changed all disconnect messages to always say (Client Disconnect), including server restarts, so while your reasoning there is faulty, you're not wrong as it doesn't seem to be the case due to it not being possible to attempt to rejoin for a short while.

AFAIK, the reserve slot thing is certainly a possibility if there are no players marked AFK at the time. I think after checking for AFK players, it goes by connection time, but I'm not sure

gala

TF2 Admin
Contributor

Valve has changed all disconnect messages to always say (Client Disconnect), including server restarts, so while your reasoning there is faulty, you're not wrong as it doesn't seem to be the case due to it not being possible to attempt to rejoin for a short while.

AFAIK, the reserve slot thing is certainly a possibility if there are no players marked AFK at the time. I think after checking for AFK players, it goes by connection time, but I'm not sure
I think it also checks if the person has HTML mods enabled or not and kicks those who do not first

TOExHEAD

Unremarkable User

Thanks for the clarification, probably some client error or something if its not the server kicking me.

TOExHEAD

Unremarkable User
I think it also checks if the person has HTML mods enabled or not and kicks those who do not first
Or this. I have them enabled in my adv settings but I think HTML is still off due to my config. I will look into it.