• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Trillium

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
As I'm sure you've all seen and heard from the clip, Gabe Newell stated that they have updates planned for Team Fortress 2, I honestly believe it isn't the heavy update, since that is stupid, I feel like it will be an all class update, with community created content, new maps and some new cosmetics and gameplay balances, but also, before any of that, it will be an anti-bot/VAC update for TF2, because why release a bunch of new shit if you can't even enjoy it on the game.
(Doubt it but hope they go back to the old quickplay system, so servers like Skial and the other shitty ones can come back into the limelight)

mub

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
An update for Heavy in the scale of Jungle Inferno? A little pessimistic.
A larger scale update that's more general? Of course.
Really hoping they start supporting the community now that it's clear how old the game is, too;
TF2 definitely feels like it's already started to enter the community server era anyhow.

Delays

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Gaben was too vague with what he said, perhaps we will get a big update but dont get high hopes, we will will just have to wait and see.

Seminal Inhalation

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
The term "update" is far too vague. It can very literally range anywhere from Localization update puny to Jungle Inferno huge. A lot of the community when they hear "update" immediately jump to some of the larger updates like "Meet the:" updates and they're most likely going to be disappointed and be mad at Gabe because they assumed he meant that when in reality he was just using a vague term. Valve has never been one to lie. Get release dates wrong, absolutely 200%, but lie? No. I'm fairly certain the update they speak of is going to be relatively minor and then the larger updates the community is hoping for will come later down the line, probably late 2021 for the minor update and late 2022 - early 2023 for the larger one.

Stove™

At the very least, I hope we just get an update that fixes the situation with the bot crisis. They can update the localization files all they want after that, but give us a fix to this bot problem first. That is the priority when it comes to updates.

After that, maybe we just keep getting some cosmetics, new unusual effects, maps, etc. Or we get some sudden big update for Heavy in the scale of Jungle Inferno. Or maybe even something in-between. In any case, I'm just glad that Gaben is promising us updates for this 13 year old game.

• Dumb
Reactions: FishMoley

Stove™

Didn't Gabe say they had a fix in mind for the bots?
When he was asked if the game was getting updates, he said that they did have updates planned. After that, he was asked if he knew about the bot/hacker problem and he said that they had solutions in mind for dealing with it. Whether those two things will be a sort of package deal is up in the air though.

• Dumb

Seminal Inhalation

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
When he was asked if the game was getting updates, he said that they did have updates planned. After that, he was asked if he knew about the bot/hacker problem and he said that they had solutions in mind for dealing with it. Whether those two things will be a sort of package deal is up in the air though.

Knowing Valve, they'll likely be separate updates. Considering he was a bit more in-depth about the bot handling, I'd expect that to be released before any update they have planned.

• Dumb

Stove™

Knowing Valve, they'll likely be separate updates. Considering he was a bit more in-depth about the bot handling, I'd expect that to be released before any update they have planned.
Honestly, I'd be fine with it even if they are separate. As long as we get some sort of solution to the bot crisis.

• Dumb

Trillium

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I really hope bots are valves #1 priority, I don't get why they don't threaten to sue the hack companies like rockstar/take two did with the mod menu creators

Stove™

I really hope bots are valves #1 priority, I don't get why they don't threaten to sue the hack companies like rockstar/take two did with the mod menu creators
With how largescale the issue is now, I would expect Valve to make that their top priority when it comes to updating the game.

• Dumb
Reactions: Vagsucker

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor

I've seen other companies take the suing approach, Blizzard tried it multiple times with bot companies and even won some of the lawsuits but the problem still continued

Tho it does serve as a deterrent, some bot creators shut down willingly after seeing Blizzard dropping the lawsuit hammer

Lady Nightingale

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
I think it will be a major update, the way valve is moving and how their future is looking, its a good time to update a game that had a huge boost in popularity due to the pandemic. The biggest issue is finding people who even can work with the shitty code

ElixirBlue5 :) (Idiot)

Scarcely Lethal Noob
In my opinion, it feels as if it will come much later after some minor/major updates, since Gabe officially said he knows about the bot crisis he should also know about us wanting the heavy update. But i'm gonna guess it will come after all updates that Gabe said will come out. (in a few years i guess)

Antari0

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
I hope so. The game that is almost 14 years old sill holds online which is somewhat stupendous and breathtaking. I think something big and cool is coming for TF2...