KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
idk this seems completely cool.

and from what i been hearing. plugins will make the server better. now obviously i will not go overboard. and this doesn't really effect gameplay so much. but i think it loks fun

D

DeadHerald

No mods please. If you've ever played on the l4d2 steam group servers, you'd know how fucked up those servers get with all the mods.

Vanilla L4D2, please.

GhostDragon505

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
No mods please. If you've ever played on the l4d2 steam group servers, you'd know how fucked up those servers get with all the mods.

Vanilla L4D2, please.
gonna agree with that. Have you ever plaed a game of vs when after killing a person, someone else will use their points and spawn a defib? or when you play as a survivor and someone spawns a tank over your head?

Reactions: Staying_Classy

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
gonna agree with that. Have you ever plaed a game of vs when after killing a person, someone else will use their points and spawn a defib? or when you play as a survivor and someone spawns a tank over your head?

as i said. i will not install mods that effect game play. such as health buffs, spawn creatures, spawn items, tank buffs, shorter spawn times, faster running and so on. That ruins the game and honestly doesn't make it any fun.

i know the difference between fun and game ruining. and i will not cross the line. i just think this would be more on the fun side, and not on the frustrating side.

however, i do plan on installing some game ruining mods for a hour or two just for fun. like mass tank survival mode or something. which will be taken off when we are done with it ;)

D

DeadHerald

This does seem kind of OP. Maybe if it was 4v1, maybe.

The witch is a one-hit incap. Unless you set to expert, then she's a one-hit kill. Too powerful to be player controlled.

Isil

Epic Skial Regular
Allowing a player to control the witch (an instant knock down) is extremely overpowered, especially in versus mode, as DeadHerald said.

50%+ of the time, in a full versus game, the infected team will spawn with 3 capture infected (charger, hunter, smoker, jockey) and one support infected (boomer, spitter).

So, if there is a witch spawned, the support infected can just run over to the witch and wait, while every other infected player is doing the same. This gives them four "capture" infected, and if they are coordinated enough (it really isn't hard to do this) they can get an instant win on the survivors.

EDIT: I just realized that this only matters for versus mode anyway. Oops.
SECOND EDIT: The infected players could also shamble the witch from her starting position if they go second and notice where the witch is placed, as close as they can toward the starting point so as to strike at them with that 4 full capture infected hit so as to minimize the maximum amount of points the survivors who go second can get.

Toxik

Contributor
Entirely for fun, I'd recommend the barricade mod. I remember playing it on L4D a few months after it came out, we'd spend hours building the most awesome forts and have countless witches and tanks come at us. :challenge:

Ozone

Server-Clearing Cynic
I haven't really played much on skial servers, haven't figured out how to choose servers, but if there's several server maybe you can put it on one and see what people think about it.