• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

findioth8r

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Several times over the last few weeks I've heard players say that the reason there are so many aimbotters on the skial 2-fort servers is because they're admins using alt accounts. I don't know how long I've been playing these servers, but I'd guess 3-4 years. Not really long, but long enough to be highly skeptical of claims that admins are having fun trolling people by aimbotting.
I pointed out that, going by personal experience, skial bans hackers if sufficient proof is provided, and that I've observed the process in action. One of the responses I got was that "we tell people there are hackers and nothing happens." I used my classic, "Spectate/record/report" response. But apparently some players don't have a handle on spectating, or how to record a demo yet. And some of them don't understand the report function. Another issue is the inability to upload demos w/out going through a 3rd party site.
SO.. my question now is.. does skial have a way, perhaps live chat window, or a quick response website, to get an admin to a server to monitor hackers? Or at least a way to see if there are admins online that could maybe do it if a report was filed? I'm a donor at only 2 groups, and skial is one of them. I wouldn't be a donor if I didn't trust the admins in the group. I'm just looking for something to tell these guys when they start pointing fingers. Well, something other than "STFU, you're an idiot", which I dont think would be very productive.

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
Several times over the last few weeks I've heard players say that the reason there are so many aimbotters on the skial 2-fort servers is because they're admins using alt accounts. I don't know how long I've been playing these servers, but I'd guess 3-4 years. Not really long, but long enough to be highly skeptical of claims that admins are having fun trolling people by aimbotting.
No admin has ever hacked on alts. Their main would still be linked-IP banned if one did, and they would not be an admin for very long after that.

I pointed out that, going by personal experience, skial bans hackers if sufficient proof is provided, and that I've observed the process in action. One of the responses I got was that "we tell people there are hackers and nothing happens." I used my classic, "Spectate/record/report" response. But apparently some players don't have a handle on spectating, or how to record a demo yet. And some of them don't understand the report function. Another issue is the inability to upload demos w/out going through a 3rd party site.
There are already some guides on the forums about collecting evidence, and I believe there's still a chat message every minute or two that tells people about the report function. I wouldn't be opposed to making a quick tutorial video like I did for the mods website, but the info is already pretty much as simple as it can get. We can lead people to water but we can't make them drink.

SO.. my question now is.. does skial have a way, perhaps live chat window, or a quick response website, to get an admin to a server to monitor hackers? Or at least a way to see if there are admins online that could maybe do it if a report was filed? I'm a donor at only 2 groups, and skial is one of them. I wouldn't be a donor if I didn't trust the admins in the group. I'm just looking for something to tell these guys when they start pointing fingers. Well, something other than "STFU, you're an idiot", which I dont think would be very productive.
The quickest way is to add whoever is online / in-game from the admins group
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/skial-admins
and tell whoever adds you back the quickest whatever is going on

findioth8r

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Thanks for the feedback. I'll save this data and pass it on. Of course if the same paykerhaids keep up the same chatter, my next response to them WILL be "STFU, you're an idiot". lol