Burning Smile

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Suggestion
Turn off random crits and random bullet spreed. (or add votes to do this)

Reason:
Recent update removed quick play all together so the old reason for not doing this no longer applies.
Random crits and bullet spreed are silly
This would promote more comp players to come play on your servers

Reactions: Adora

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
If quickplay was removed, it should still probably be left up to a server vote through the votemenu.

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
Could work.
Say a Skial "casual" server with comp maps on and random crits/bullet spread off.

But I don't know, it's up to @Bottiger what he wants to do with this opportunity.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I'm not sure about this, hasn't Skial's position always been that it's up to Valve to balance the game?

I wouldn't be against adding another votemenu option to enable this mode though, so support for that +1

Reactions: Adora

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I'm not sure about this, hasn't Skial's position always been that it's up to Valve to balance the game?

I wouldn't be against adding another votemenu option to enable this mode though, so support for that +1
To an extent, yes because trying to mess around with things that don't comply with Valve will backlash because our servers are on a Valve game. However with the removal of quickplay, the only thing we're messing around with is the servers.

On another note, we should add a tag to the server titles labeled VNCNS (Vote no crit no spread) or something of the such if this idea gets implemented.

Tayto

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
I don't see the point of random crits and bullet spread. Random crits are usually bullshit anyway. +
iy88kk4.png

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
We tried like twice to make a nocrit no spread server and it was always dead

Well I mean, with the recent changes yestarday, I would have thought we could atleast try it on one server? Perhaps even make it this a rotation server of a certain gamemode with nocrits, surely that would encourage the tryhards and hardcore comp players?

skial.com | EU | No Crit [insert gamemode abbreviation here]

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
Quickplay doesnt matter. In the past this option took it off of quickplay. If it didn't fill up back when TF2 had more players, why would it fill up now

Last edited:

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
Quickplay doesnt matter. In the past this option took it off of quickplay. If it didn't fill up back when TF2 had more players, why would it fill up now

Well now that you can't simply automatically be put into a Valve server, people may do it the old fashioned way again. Look through pubs until they find a nice one.

Perhaps I'm wrong here but, that's how I'd imagine it'd be.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
For anyone voting no, can you tell us your reasons?

I'd vote no because I'd rather it be left up to server vote compared to a forced 24/7 thing

If its up to server vote then I'd give it a +1

It's kinda like the all talk situation. There's people who like it and those who don't, best to let the server decide what they wanna do with it through the votemenu

Bottiger

Administrator
The option was temporarily broken because the customvotes plugin did not support changing multiple convars. This is now fixed.