PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
My screen will just go black and a 50/50 chances that my game will still work or I have to shut the game down. Also any videos playing turns green.
  • First of all, try THIS. (Taking a screenshot of crash entry in Event Log and posting it here would help since it will tell us which module is actually crashing.)
  • Update your MB drivers - your PCIe controller drivers might be outdated.
  • Southbridge might be overheating.. Not excluding the chance of Northbridge misbehaving (read: overheating) as well. Southbridge is located close to PCIe ports on the motherboard so if it's overheated - it could affect GFX card in PCIe slot. Northbridge handles communications coming from PCIe port, so if it's overheated - PCIe port might be failing. To collect data about these bridges go to the next bullet.
  • Download and install PCWizard and post screenshots of Temp and Voltage and Global Performance Benchmark results.
  • Do you have an integrated GPU? If you do - could you please make sure you have it disabled via Device Manager?
  • Another possible cause of the problem - PSU. It might be either faulting or not having enough Watts to supply your GFX. Provide specs for your PSU and see if you could get a spare one (with higher maximum output power) to test.

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor

• First of all, try THIS. (Taking a screenshot of crash entry in Event Log and posting it here would help since it will tell us which module is actually crashing.)
When doing this I'm having a problem with step 3 of finding the nvlddmkm.sy_ If I serch for it in the C:\Nvidia file I just find a bunch of them.

Also for finding the crash log what am I looking for? I'm guessing Error > and what errors that have happened?

If so this is what I find if this is what you are talking about. If not let me know.

24ee6ug.jpg

3515t3p.jpg

Last edited:

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I'd like to see what's under "Details" tab:

JG6fNh8.png

In regards to nvlddmkm.sy_ - delete C:\nVidia folder, download nVidia driver again, unpack it, and try to repeat the steps from the article.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Did you see that?

XsgyKCJ.jpg

So it's a very high chance that THIS article will resolve this issue.

Post the screenshot of contents of C:\nVidia here were you see multiple instances of nvlddmkm.sy_
Also, what OS you have and what platform (32 or 64bit)?

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Download the file from HERE (I've expanded it for you) and then do steps 2, 8, and 9.
Thanks alot Psycho. Ill do it as soon as I can and ill let you know if I get any results. Where is this file going to be going? Or is there a ReadMe

Also heres the screenshot.

15q1zcp.jpg

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Thanks alot Psycho. Ill do it as soon as I can and ill let you know if I get any results. Where is this file going to be going? Or is there a ReadMe
Also heres the screenshot.

1. Delete C:\NVIDIA folder completely.
2. Just follow the steps 2 (backing up the original file), 8 (where to put the new file), and 9 (reboot the PC).

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
1. Delete C:\NVIDIA folder completely.
2. Just follow the steps 2 (backing up the original file), 8 (where to put the new file), and 9 (reboot the PC).
When deleting the folder it wont let me install the drivers again. It already tells me they are up to date.

Could by any chance Psycho that we can get on skype and I can share my screen with you and we can walk though it together?

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
When deleting the folder it wont let me install the drivers again. It already tells me they are up to date.
Could by any chance Psycho that we can get on skype and I can share my screen with you and we can walk though it together?
This folder is nothing else but unpacked files. If you need to install drivers again - you'll go to NVIDIA website, download EXE, and it will unpack itself again. So delete this folder with no hesitation. And I can't remote in right now.

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
This folder is nothing else but unpacked files. If you need to install drivers again - you'll go to NVIDIA website, download EXE, and it will unpack itself again. So delete this folder with no hesitation. And I can't remote in right now.
After being in the steam overlay (shift tab) for a good bit of time It has not gave me any problems. Or has any game given me problems. Thank you very much PsychoRealm. Hopefully this problem wont come back.

Last edited:

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
After being in the steam overlay (shift tab) for a good bit of time It has not gave me any problems. Or has any game given me problems. Thank you very much PsychoRealm. Hopefully this problem wont come back.
You are welcome. I'm glad your issue has been fixed.