DaivdBaekr

Contributor
There may as well be some extra functionality for the donator role if people want admins to spend the time checking to see if they're donator and adding the role to a bunch of people. I can't think of anything beyond exclusive text or voice channels, though. I don't think they would get much use.

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
If others are doable, that's fine but I doubt the color is going to be something exquisite.

T-Wayne

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
Gold for our donators.

Something like this maybe: http://www.color-hex.com/color/c3a800

But who is going to check up each donator to add their role. Will they have to ask us and we need to check? Anybody on discord can claim to be somebody who is a donator on skial.
Probably have them message us on the forum with their discord name. But then again, somebody could potentially message 7 discord admins and tell them all different discord names.

Unless there is some way to link the forum linked steam accounts to the discord linked steam accounts I see some problems with the verification.

But the idea itself is good. I support it.
+1

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
+1

I don't see the harm in it, give them a private text and voice room.
Give them a different name colour in chat, is it possible to do exclusive emoticons?

ly_dee

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
But who is going to check up each donator to add their role. Will they have to ask us and we need to check?
Of all the people on skial discord probably 20ish are active or post in there once a blue moon so i don't think it will be a hassle to check because it's usually people we all know. But for other cases yes, adding the role for those who ask would be better.

Anybody on discord can claim to be somebody who is a donator on skial.
Probably have them message us on the forum with their discord name. But then again, somebody could potentially message 7 discord admins and tell them all different discord names.

Unless there is some way to link the forum linked steam accounts to the discord linked steam accounts I see some problems with the verification.
Connecting your steam account to your discord profile seems to be the only possible way for admins to check. If people don't want to link it then no donator role for them i guess.

Also, +1

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Maybe a rule for it could be you must support the admin with your steam account which is donator imbued when you ask for the role.

ly_dee

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Maybe a rule for it could be you must support the admin with your steam account which is donator imbued when you ask for the role.
Why do you need a rule when you can literally connect your steam account to your discord profile?