Max Box

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
So I was playing spy with the donator glow on, and I realized that people could easily see me when I was invisible/disguised due to the donator glow. I know that I could just turn it on and off every time I played Spy, but that can be a little tedious if you switch classes a lot.

Thanks!

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Thats still not fixed? I don't know if thats a plugin thing or if @Bottiger can even fix that. I know the trails have a problem too where you can see them though walls but was told they cant fix that. No idea if this can be fixed for the same reason trail cant be fixed but +1 if possible.

*Edit, the threads about trails and why that did not get fixed https://www.skial.com/threads/fix-or-remove-white-chevron-skull-bubbles-arrow-from-trail-list.63898/

Trails uses stuff packaged with TF2, to fix the wallhackie ones would require a custom download. Bottiger doesn't want to force custom files on everyone for various reasons.

Some of the options do have the issue, some don't. If it bothers you, you just have to use the ones that aren't visible though walls for now.

I have no idea if this applies to glow or not.

Reactions: Max Box

T-Wayne

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
Disable it and I bet my gibus hat that people complain about why it is disabled for spy.
If there is no way to detect if a spy is cloaked, common sense would dictate to disable the glow effect by yourself (as the user).
I mean trace is visible aswell if a spy is cloaked. Same applies there.

Max Box

Contributor
Well, there's gotta be a flag for it somewhere in the game. Just like CS:GO's way of telling if you're touching the ground or not.

shoooooooooooooooo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
oh i'm sure. it's too big a mechanic to not to be able to pin it down
if not, probably better to have it disabled for the class. doubt anyone will notice anyway lol.

Last edited:

StantoMacGuffin

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
oh i'm sure. it's too big a mechanic to not to be able to pin it down
if not, probably better to have it disabled for the class. doubt anyone will notice anyway lol.
Yeah, at the very least, disable it for spies in general.

Bottiger

Administrator
I know there's probably a flag for it somewhere but I don't know where the cloak or disguise flag is. If you find it then let me know.

Otherwise I think it is best to just leave it as it is. If someone wants to use it as a spy for some reason they are free to do so. But it doesn't make sense to just disable it for every other class just because spies have an issue with it.

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
I'm guessing that the plugin has no way of checking player conditions, otherwise you can have conditions 3 (disguised), 4 (cloak), and 64 (invisibility magic spell) as exceptions

Reactions: Max Box

Max Box

Contributor
I know there's probably a flag for it somewhere but I don't know where the cloak or disguise flag is. If you find it then let me know.

Otherwise I think it is best to just leave it as it is. If someone wants to use it as a spy for some reason they are free to do so. But it doesn't make sense to just disable it for every other class just because spies have an issue with it.

I mean.. I don't really make plugins or anything, please don't take this as me being rude but isn't that your job to figure out how to do it?

Bottiger

Administrator
As the main admin of Skial my tasks go beyond plugin making, and unfortunate this means I cannot spend all my time making plugins or fixing every single issue.

Unfortunately this is one of those low priority issues that I couldn't fix quickly.

Adora

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
Can you not use something like this and monitor for cond 4?

Otherwise there's a tfcond_cloaked:
enum TFCond
{
TFCond_Slowed = 0,
TFCond_Zoomed,
TFCond_Disguising,
TFCond_Disguised,
TFCond_Cloaked,
TFCond_Ubercharged,
TFCond_TeleportedGlow,
TFCond_Taunting,
TFCond_UberchargeFading,