Da_Jinks

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
So I installed a free version of WinZip here (http://www.winzip.com/win/en/index.htm). I received a warning from my computer that a trojan had been removed, so I uninstalled it. Now my homepage/new tab pages have been changed, and I don't know if I got a virus or something. All of the anti-virus on my computer need a new subscription, so can anyone prescribe a good, FREE anti-virus/have any knowledge of the site?

Da_Jinks

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Alright, so I installed the product and scanned my computer which put near 200 objects into quarantine. After a restart it allowed me to select to delete all, which I did. I'm good now?

Biggie

Forum Admin
Contributor
Alright, so I installed the product and scanned my computer which put near 200 objects into quarantine. After a restart it allowed me to select to delete all, which I did. I'm good now?

If you wanted to be extra sure, you could also download this other program and see if anything else comes up. If you feel a lot more safe just from Malwarebytes then you should be fine.

Da_Jinks

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
If you wanted to be extra sure, you could also download this other program and see if anything else comes up. If you feel a lot more safe just from Malwarebytes then you should be fine.

Well, after running it nothing else is showing up and my computer is faster + firefox is back to normal, so seems fixed. Thanks for the help!

Lydia

Unremarkable User
The system may catch a nasty virus or malware that hijacks the web browser. Try reinstall the web browser may help to solve redirect issues.

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
The system may catch a nasty virus or malware that hijacks the web browser. Try reinstall the web browser may help to solve redirect issues.
His problem is already fixed. It says by the top of the page saying Problem solved...

Peter99

Unremarkable User
I think you may infected by a virus and you should find a proper way to deal with such problem before it getting worse.