Metal Gear Awesome <skial>

Legendary Skial King
Yeah Blizzard kind of dropped to ball with this. This might be up with the worst over-hyped games ever. Not for content, the game itself isn't bad, but the way Blizzard (normally one of the best in user-friendlyness) really screwed the pooch.

Flurf

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Yeah Blizzard kind of dropped to ball with this. This might be up with the worst over-hyped games ever. Not for content, the game itself isn't bad, but the way Blizzard (normally one of the best in user-friendlyness) really screwed the pooch.

Funny you mention all that over-hype. Sorta feels like that game.....um, hold on.
Hellgate: London! Remember all the hype over that game? Ughhh!

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor
I don't know, that poll looks kinda weird to me. At Diablo 3's peak it had 140000 players? And it dropping by a half? I would say it was only the userbase of Xfire being whiney but it says below that there are ~16000 players (which I assume is from Xfire), but yeah, I think Diablo 3 lost some players but not half it's base. That's just silly.

Matt_

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Its a good game, maybe because its only showing stats of people that play Diablo 3, and use Xfire

Mewkin

Face-Melting F2Per
Contributor
The only time I ever used Xfire was when I played Runescape at ages 11-15 :B

Regardless of Xfire, I like to think that most people are not that happy with Gear-Checking games anymore, especially when it comes to that obvious a grind. I watched a person at my friend's house play the first level over 70 times just to try and get some legendary gear or whatever it's called that he needed for the rest of Inferno. Before I left, he had given in and started paying 30-50 dollars a piece of armor.

:l

Flurf

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
The only time I ever used Xfire was when I played Runescape at ages 11-15 :B

Regardless of Xfire, I like to think that most people are not that happy with Gear-Checking games anymore, especially when it comes to that obvious a grind. I watched a person at my friend's house play the first level over 70 times just to try and get some legendary gear or whatever it's called that he needed for the rest of Inferno. Before I left, he had given in and started paying 30-50 dollars a piece of armor.

:l

Pay to play and pay to win combined!
The true Prime Evil.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Diablo is what it was advertised, don't understand the anger. They told you inferno was going to be asinine, they told you there was going to be a real money auction house...now people complain that it's a sweatshop.

I'm not diablo's staunchest defender, I am a little bored with it, I still do play - not as actively as I once did perhaps...but for once people got exactly what as promised to them, and they don't like it.

Bottiger

Administrator
Just because they said there was going to be a RMAH doesn't mean people should suddenly like it now.