• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Chapman

Unremarkable User
Apparently having a bit of fun is frowned upon.

"Contributors" to this community have changed my opinion on Skial

To any admins, go ahead and delete this thread.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Chapman

Unremarkable User
/breakstherulesthenuploadsitonthewebsite.

Im sorry is this not allowed ? :/

There were multiple players on there, that seemed to be regulars that didnt mention it was frowned upon

Also I have now looked through the rules and theres nothing there saying "Dont join in with the majority of the server to do a conga line and have fun"..

Last edited:

Chapman

Unremarkable User
I call upon the sacred forces of SMAC ban!

Wait what? How is this a bannable offense? There nothing in the rules about it. And everyone on the server was having fun doing it.

Great job making someone thats posted to here for the first time seem welcome from what we saw a bit of fun. You guys have shown me that I dont even want to post anything here again. Amazing "Contributors" to a community.

Reactions: Defibyoulater

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Wait what? How is this a bannable offense? There nothing in the rules about it. And everyone on the server was having fun doing it.

Great job making someone thats posted to here for the first time seem welcome from what we saw a bit of fun. You guys have shown me that I dont even want to post anything here again. Amazing "Contributors" to a community.
First and foremost sorry if the forum regs have made you a bit upset. There's lots of others who are like you that are... more than unwelcome on the forum by the community because of similar issues.
It's bannable because it's refusing to help your team progress, I can see how the rule's a bit obscure but if you make note of it for next time you should be fine.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
No one is going to ban you for that, they are just being stupid. It only becomes a problem when you are the only one doing it instead of playing.

T-Wayne

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
Im sorry is this not allowed ? :/

Do not become frustrated please. Infact it is not allowed by rules. Being friendly and not help your team advance is an offense, aswell as not capping intel because it won't help your team progress.
However you saw what KillerZebra already replied with above. It only becomes a problem if you are doing it by yourself and don't help your team. In this case you were having fun with everybody obviously so I don't see the big deal about it since the whole server wasn't playing for the objective.

Also please be considerate, there are always people that will try to mock you, there's no need to dislike a community over some comments.

Hopefully you will change your mind about this here!

Diggs

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Chapman - It appears the Skial community has been around for a while and is starting to get stagnant and jaded. It happens with all gaming communities and clans. (Without going to far off topic) it was most evident to me when adminship was denied to "Beardo". Beardo being one of the most knowledgeable, helpful and level-headed players I've encountered on Dustbowl NY+. Seems they are looking for excuses NOT to give admin coverage instead of grooming new admins in places where there are none of few. It's kind of a shame. I've seen this happen again and again.

Roboute Guilliman

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Chapman - It appears the Skial community has been around for a while and is starting to get stagnant and jaded. It happens with all gaming communities and clans. (Without going to far off topic) it was most evident to me when adminship was denied to "Beardo". Beardo being one of the most knowledgeable, helpful and level-headed players I've encountered on Dustbowl NY+. Seems they are looking for excuses NOT to give admin coverage instead of grooming new admins in places where there are none of few. It's kind of a shame. I've seen this happen again and again.

Okay. Okay. Timeout.
Beardo tried an exploit that crashed one of the servers. By all rights, we should have perma-banned him for doing that. If anything, we are ALWAYS looking for new admins as long as they have something to offer to the community.

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I banned beardo for crashing a server. How is that admin material?

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor

I'm sorry. :P You should make an introduction here, if you want to be properly introduced.

And just to clarify why I said it was bannable is because I've only seen so many players (on ctf TURBINE, holy cow) conga line in one server before, and that's when the taunt first came out. And unfortunately, the SMAC system got confused and sent false positives and auto-banned everyone for taunting. I suppose I was just reminiscing on good times.
Dance your heart out though. Don't let anyone stop your dreams.

Reactions: Kyle

SuperNewman

Face-Melting F2Per
God i would love to ruin that shit and just burn them all.

Tee hee.

234FF3B86A8F9C9D6E3F5DC301344E4C2CE1CB74

Silver Ag

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Okay. Okay. Timeout.
Beardo tried an exploit that crashed one of the servers. By all rights, we should have perma-banned him for doing that. If anything, we are ALWAYS looking for new admins as long as they have something to offer to the community.
beardo was offering free server crashes, should've accept him because he was clearly the BEST applicant for the job.