• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Kenjou

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Hey,
I've been playing in the deathrun server on and off for quite a while now and as a recent post has said, there's a very small map selection so here I bring some ideas for classic maps that are still out of the server.
(Note: I tried adding links but I dont have enough posts to add links so, every map in the post can be found in gamebanana through a simple google search of "tf2" + map code (e.g. tf2 dr_supermario64_v6b))

1. DR_SUPERMARIO64_V6B

Map by zakariasan2

The good old classic Super Mario 64 based deathrun map, this map features a complete deathrun experience with many traps, easter eggs, a parkour minigame, a luck minigame, bowser as a motivator and it's widely known by us deathrun veterans.

Issues?: The only "problem" this map has is that its overworld music might loop, but this isn't common and most times depends on when do turns/matches end. It's a very tolerable bug that doesn't affect gameplay.

This map was once in the servers but its not here anymore.

2. DR_HORRORS

Map by audiOtrash

This map is covered with a spooky thematic, featuring scary movie scenes and recreated scenery to serve as traps and environment, some movies that appear in the map are SAW, the ring, the shining, and other classics.

While this map doesn't feature minigames, its design and difficulty makes up for it. Apart from this, the map doesn't really have issues.

3. DR_WINDOWS_XP
Map by BunBun!

This map has a very unique design, contains 4 endings, some easter eggs and a secret minigame, most of us already know this map, its very popular.

This one also used to be in the server.

4. DR_BOWSER_ROADV1.2
Map by Zetarite73

This is kind of a newer map, it was released 4 months ago but its pretty decent, I tested it myself and it seemed fun, and its main parkour minigame is challenging enough to entertain.

The map is based on the first bowser road in super mario 64 and its got 13 traps, 2 easter eggs, a parkour minigame and humilitation. It's also got three different songs hale can choose to liven up the environment.

Issues?: There's a secret minigame obtained by collecting the 8 boxes in order of appearance but its highly adviced to not play it at the moment. Its close to imposible to react to the bats you're supposed to dodge. This is the only issue I've seen during testing.

---
Those are all the maps I think could be a nice addition to the map selection menu and I think i'll continue on searching through gamebanana and asking players.

kerpkek

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
mario 64 was removed because of a very rare server crashing problem and has little chance of being re-added

Kenjou

Scarcely Lethal Noob
mario 64 was removed because of a very rare server crashing problem and has little chance of being re-added
Right, the map creator once said in the map's thread that he was going to fix the server crashing bug but I'm unsure if this was fixed or not.

Bottiger

Administrator
I am not sure why you say there's a "very small map selection" when there's 29 maps on the server. You could not even play all the maps on the server in a single day.

All of the maps you mentioned except bowser has been on our servers. And if they were removed, they were removed for a good reason!

All maps need download links. If you can't paste links, then paste them and delete the h.

We regularly remove unpopular maps and add popular ones, so map suggestions are rarely needed.

This thread is also in the wrong place.

Kenjou

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Thanks for your reply,

Well, it's good to know maps are managed according to popularity. I didn't really consider this as to why some "popular" (now old) maps aren't here anymore and I totally understand that, none of these maps would hold popularity for long.

I have now checked why some of the aforementioned maps have been removed, due to having exploits, bugs, and some issues that could hinder fun.

And thanks for the heads up, I didn't find a direct link to suggestions (it isnt in the sticky posts/threads), and, since the latest post I saw in this forum was asking about deathrun maps, I thought I could just post it here; my bad.