Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
Summary:
[Deathrun] Limit or remove the jetpack.
Details:
If you can, limit the jetpack like you do with the chargin' targe and invisiwatch.

If that's too much of a hassle you should probably just remove it on deathrun, everybody has already figured out it's potential lol.​

Reactions: Percilius

User

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
Summary:
[Deathrun] Limit or remove the jetpack.
Details:
If you can, limit the jetpack like you do with the chargin' targe and invisiwatch.

If that's too much of a hassle you should probably just remove it on deathrun, everybody has already figured out it's potential lol.​

+1 Lots of maps are easily becoming speedrunned because of the jetpack, especially the maps that are the hardest to pass through.

Sakiko

Contributor
This was something already requested and waiting on bottiger to address. Its now been done

Reedgreat

Gore-Spattered Heavy
From what I understand, its been completely banned on DR. Are there plans to add it back with a limit charge count? I don't see why it needs to be completely banned. It is similar to the demoknight with the charge, or the spy with the cloak, in the sense that it can trick the hale and get through certain traps more easily.

Sakiko

Contributor
While I was watching people it was used to completely jump over traps, cocanium map people would fall into the pits use it to jump out and survive them.

This just totally removes the risk and chances for hale to kill the players with it and it was abused so much it had to be removed. There is no way to make it usable in the current state, With regards to the cloak that is only usable with ammo drops after they have used it once and that becomes limited with less players/non dying and was something maybe should be removed(I have not seen this become a issue yet so have not pressed for it). Same with the charge its limited use - The last two methods a wise hale can activate and kill the player.

With jetpack hale can activate it and watch the target fly out and do a laugh taunt at him, Only way it would work is to limit it to 1-2 second use and max height of 1m.and one time use(To remove trap escapes/Avoiding motivator), This was over abused like the engie teleport and would need too much time for bottiger to make code changes to allow its use in my suggestion but its upto him if he wishes to spend time on it @Bottiger

Reactions: Cream Tea