Deadport

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
Deathrun should have leeching added to its rules. Especially since now f2p's can use the !taunt command after they acquire the right amount of ap. All they do is just use it even when they're one of the few left alive.

For those who don't know, leeching is when you don't attempt to trick the hale into activating the trap, and instead wait for others to do it.

I'm not saying this should be enforced heavily because how do you keep track that everyone is attempting to trick hale when there's 31 people alive. But say for example when there's 6 or less people left, it becomes a lot easier to see who the people are that aren't bothering to do anything. <rant> While yes you could say why don't you just do them, is it really fair for you to do all the traps, then that little crap who was doing nothing all round rushes right past you and picks and ending. </rant>

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
But then the whole server would be banned.

Although I see this a lot, it's kind of part of Deathrun.

When you join Deathrun you expect to wait a little once you die.

I sometimes slay people if I see they are deliberately holding the server up for more than a minute though.

I don't think players necessarily need a ban for it though.

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
Why would the add a rule and then not enforce it

This too, if we add a rule it really needs to be either "Enforced" or "Not a rule" because unless it's Jailbreak this will cause confusion among players. I'm sure Bottiger would rather leave it as is.

Not to mention it would be difficult to tell who's actually not been helping the team the whole time and who has already helped but feels it's somebody else turn at the next trap.

Deadport

Contributor
Why would they add a rule and then not "heavily" enforce it
I see I may have not made it too clear, by not heavily enforce I mean not to do it right off the start or if someone just doesn't do 1 trap.

This too, if we add a rule it really needs to be either "Enforced" or "Not a rule" because unless it's Jailbreak this will cause confusion among players. I'm sure Bottiger would rather leave it as is.

Not to mention it would be difficult to tell who's actually not been helping the team the whole time and who has already helped but feels it's somebody else turn at the next trap.

To answer this, how do you determine if someone is friendlying on a non-custom gamemode server? By using evidence, screenshots, demos, a verdict can be made from that. Like I've already said trying to pinpoint who is and isn't doing traps from the start of the round would be very difficult, impossible pretty much. But when it goes down to only 6 or less people, its a lot easier to keep track of who's attempting to do traps, who just did a trap prior and is waiting, and who hasn't done any traps and is still not attempting to do any.

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
I see I may have not made it too clear, by not heavily enforce I mean not to do it right off the start or if someone just doesn't do 1 trap.

To answer this, how do you determine if someone is friendlying on a non-custom gamemode server? By using evidence, screenshots, demos, a verdict can be made from that. Like I've already said trying to pinpoint who is and isn't doing traps from the start of the round would be very difficult, impossible pretty much. But when it goes down to only 6 or less people, its a lot easier to keep track of who's attempting to do traps, who just did a trap prior and is waiting, and who hasn't done any traps and is still not attempting to do any.

Perhaps make a rule for deliberate time wasters, sure I'd go for that!

But when people are just waiting as you'd expect for about 15-25 seconds then they shouldn't be punished. I give people a minute usually if they're the last one alive and not doing anything at all.

Keep in mind a lot of maps also have a motivator!

Deadport

Contributor
Perhaps make a rule for deliberate time wasters, sure I'd go for that!

But when people are just waiting as you'd expect for about 15-25 seconds then they shouldn't be punished. I give people a minute usually if they're the last one alive and not doing anything at all.

Keep in mind a lot of maps also have a motivator!

I know there's a motivator but that also puts the pressure on players who are actually trying to play, do you just keep doing the traps and giving the others a freebie or die with them? Before someone takes this out of context no I am not saying motivators should be removed.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
It's not really easy to enforce ...plus in a way, they're just ruining the game for themselves.