Sakiko

Contributor
I am currently discussing this with bottiger but i am hoping to get at least 6 maps that the playerbase wish to bring back from the icy box grave for a retro month at least.

Please post below any maps you feel could come back to death run, Also if you have new map suggestions i will be happy to read them with links to the map web page.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor

Maps are removed from the cycle for a reason.
Why do you want to bring them back?

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor

Bringing back a bunch of dead maps even temporarily sounds like a really bad idea. Bottiger commonly removes maps because they're not filling up and will only hurt player traffic to the server.

https://www.skial.com/threads/why-c...-server-why-is-my-favorite-server-gone.62583/

Adding unpopular maps to the server again is a great way to reduce player traffic.

If you look at Gametracker you'll see all the community servers running unpopular maps are mostly empty and only the servers running popular maps are filled

Sakiko

Contributor
Correct why i have opened the floor to the userbase.

So many complain about lack of maps or want old maps. Here is their chance to speak up and suggest something.

Most of the maps @Luke was removed due to bugs / glitches or exploits that at the time we did not have mappers to fix like ironworks with the trap that kills hale without fail if he stands at the button.

The dr R60d looks interesting maybe one of the mappers will take a look see if its s uitable to upload

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Perhaps if you made a list of maps that were removed due to just that reason and held votes for which to bring back... still not sure this is a good idea though.

Sakiko

Contributor
the Map R60d suggested so far has too many entites and crashes the server, The map needs too much to fix unless its creator fixes it cannot use it.

Sakiko

Contributor
Ironworks was removed due to the conveyor belt trap glitches and kills hale maybe if its been fixed, ill have to take a look at hourglass a bit later

Bottiger

Administrator
I'm going to mark this as declined.

If you want to play on old maps that had issues, the problem is that they should be fixed. You can ask our mappers Meme Tea and Pedro to fix them, or try to fix them yourself, and then we can take a look at the possibility of adding them back to the rotation.