Declined Death run - Retro / New maps

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Sakiko, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Sakiko

Sakiko TF2 Admin Contributor

Steam:

I am currently discussing this with bottiger but i am hoping to get at least 6 maps that the playerbase wish to bring back from the icy box grave for a retro month at least.

Please post below any maps you feel could come back to death run, Also if you have new map suggestions i will be happy to read them with links to the map web page.

2. Luke

Luke TF2 Admin

Steam:

Maps are removed from the cycle for a reason.
    Why do you want to bring them back?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. ShoxTheMB

ShoxTheMB Sufficiently Lethal Scout

4. Meowcenary

Meowcenary TF2 Admin Contributor

Steam:

Bringing back a bunch of dead maps even temporarily sounds like a really bad idea. Bottiger commonly removes maps because they're not filling up and will only hurt player traffic to the server.

https://www.skial.com/threads/why-c...-server-why-is-my-favorite-server-gone.62583/

Adding unpopular maps to the server again is a great way to reduce player traffic.

If you look at Gametracker you'll see all the community servers running unpopular maps are mostly empty and only the servers running popular maps are filled

5. Sakiko

Steam:

Correct why i have opened the floor to the userbase.

So many complain about lack of maps or want old maps. Here is their chance to speak up and suggest something.

Most of the maps @Luke was removed due to bugs / glitches or exploits that at the time we did not have mappers to fix like ironworks with the trap that kills hale without fail if he stands at the button.

The dr R60d looks interesting maybe one of the mappers will take a look see if its s uitable to upload

6. Luke

Luke TF2 Admin

Steam:

Perhaps if you made a list of maps that were removed due to just that reason and held votes for which to bring back... still not sure this is a good idea though.

7. Sakiko

Steam:

the Map R60d suggested so far has too many entites and crashes the server, The map needs too much to fix unless its creator fixes it cannot use it.

8. AlphaTheKineticWolf

AlphaTheKineticWolf Scarcely Lethal Noob

Steam:

I would like to see the return of dr_ironworks if its possible to fix, the boss at the end is an great idea I haven't seen in many other maps and it was a good map to play on

As for new maps, I like the look of the map vsh_dr_hourglass (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=471833040), it would be interesting to see that in rotation if possible

9. Sakiko

Steam:

Ironworks was removed due to the conveyor belt trap glitches and kills hale maybe if its been fixed, ill have to take a look at hourglass a bit later

10. Meme Tea ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Meme Tea ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) TF2 Admin Legendary Mapper

Steam:

dr_hourglass? That sounds interesting, I might check that out.

11. Bottiger

Bottiger Administrator Staff Member

Steam:

I'm going to mark this as declined.

If you want to play on old maps that had issues, the problem is that they should be fixed. You can ask our mappers Meme Tea and Pedro to fix them, or try to fix them yourself, and then we can take a look at the possibility of adding them back to the rotation.