Kael

TF2 Admin
Contributor
I recently had a friend of mine ask if it was possible for him to get a custom title. I said as far as I know there is currently no way, and then he suggested he'd bribe the head admin, which gave me an idea...

What if it was possible to purchase a custom title with a custom color for like $5 or $10?

People want custom titles but from what I've seen they were not implemented due to the ability to abuse it of course, but this would not only completely remove that, but also give Skial another way to make a bit more cash on the side.

Aform could be made to make it simple with a list of colors and what you want your title to be, along with your steamID and such.

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
I think it would be easier to just make it a donor perk and use something like
Code:
/title customtitlename #hexcolor

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Against this.

Firstly, Bottiger has already said having custom titles through the store isn't possible due to how the store plugin works.

Secondly, even if it was possible (or was a donator command) I don't think this is a good idea because the titles don't show up in the stats pages. Someone could use their title as an extension of chat, changing it to something racist for instance. We would have no way of detecting this, unless a screenshot was taken.

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
That's already possible by changing your name, and that's free.
Plus /votemenu and /report show up just fine in stats.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
That's already possible by changing your name, and that's free.
Plus /votemenu and /report show up just fine in stats.

Changing your name is shown in stats.

/votemenu and report only show up because it was triggered, I believe. For instance, I use /3 and /warden constantly in Jailbreak and it doesn't show them.

If we could log it in stats then I've got no problem with it.