Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
Recently discovered the Source SDK provides the source VMFs for a select number of maps for TF2, and CTF_2Fort is one of them, considering 2Fort is one of the most iconic map for a variety of good, and bad reasons, I decided to start making some QOL changes that I think would improve the general user experience and fix some bugs and oversights left over by the TF team.

Currently, I've done the following

• Restored the Intel Resupply Room's spawn points for both teams, Valve decided to remove the spawn points down here for no explicable reason porting the map to Tf2 from TFC. So now you will occasionally spawn down there.
  • Adding a Medium Health & Ammo Kit next to the doorway leading to the sewer stairway between the wall and boxes/barrels. 2Fort is so scarce of health and ammo kits it's painful when it forces you to either return completely to spawn, or into the sewer.
  • Removed the brushes blocking you from entering the windows on both forts' sniper battlements, allowing for a prompt escape route for any class and an entrance for any class that can access the ledge
What I plan to do eventually
  • Raise the water level enough for it extinguish flames while in the sewer
  • Find a workaround for the lighting advantage Red snipers have on their battlements.
Got any bug reports or suggestions? Lemme know

Dragontamer

TF2 Admin
Contributor
On the left and right sides of the middle water area, why not add ramps so you can get back up to the red or blue side faster? Also if you raise the water level enough to extinguish flames in the sewer, keep in mind this might make players wet allowing pyro sharks to get easy kills.

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
On the left and right sides of the middle water area, why not add ramps so you can get back up to the red or blue side faster? Also if you raise the water level enough to extinguish flames in the sewer, keep in mind this might wet players allowing pyro sharks to get easy kills.
Players already count as wet while walking in the sewers so Pyro Sharks are still viable in the sewer

Will keep the ramps in mind

Skull1

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Master Mapper
You know thoose are outdated as fuck with glitches right? Even decompiling is better.

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
2019-10-29-14-13-33-Team-Fortress-2.png

2019-10-29-14-13-52-Team-Fortress-2.png

2019-10-29-14-14-36-Team-Fortress-2.png

2019-10-29-14-14-47-Team-Fortress-2.png

Bigunit

Uncharitable Spy
undefined

4m6FvMP.png

Can you add a bit lighting? There is very dark and sometimes it's difficult to aim for enemies snipers. When on the blu fort this spot is very visible

Last edited: