Thomas Montle

Mildly Menacing Medic
I don't know about anyone else but I have gotten alot of these all the same. "Hey, sorry for trouble you. I unbox my first unusual, but I noob in tf2. Check please screenshot, it good or bad? you know price? I could trade with you here at (totally not a fake link.com") I mean come on, who falls for that. I am not the only one who is getting spammed with this am I?

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
You can be sure that there will be others getting the same, just keep being vigilant and report them to steam.

Deadfront

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Received my 1st one of these yesterday. I reported and deleted off my account. Am I supposed to do anything else as far as report?

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Received my 1st one of these yesterday. I reported and deleted off my account. Am I supposed to do anything else as far as report?
In the report, you should
  1. Screenshot the chat / post and put that in the report
  2. Look over some things of the accused's profile, it may be possible that they have been hijacked, either that or it's a bot.

Last edited:

Deadfront

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
In the report, you should

1. Screenshot the chat and post that in the report
    Look over some things of the accused's profile, it may be possible that they have been hijacked, either that or it's a bot.
Crap I just reported it....I already deleted it off my profile page because it had a link. I also didn't know if I should even click to his profile.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Yeah I get them all the time

Especially when I put up a TF2outpost trade. Bump a trade and I get 4-5 phishing bots near instantly

Sh1dowdude

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
I don't know about anyone else but I have gotten alot of these all the same. "Hey, sorry for trouble you. I unbox my first unusual, but I noob in tf2. Check please screenshot, it good or bad? you know price? I could trade with you here at (totally not a fake link.com") I mean come on, who falls for that. I am not the only one who is getting spammed with this am I?
You can not get rid of them. I have received FOUR and reported it to Steam. I got an email saying they are working on deleting the spam source. It will be dealt with :D.